Monoprice Monitor Compatibility

Edpotts

Hello, all! Been a while since I posted last.

I had a quick question about compatibility with this monitor: https://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=12156

I was wondering if this would be compatible with this card: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Graphics-384-Bit-03G-P4-3784-KR/dp/B00EM2JQ8E

Since it only has these ports: 1 DVI, 1 DVI-D, 1 HDMI, and 1 DP, I was wondering if the monitor would be able to run at 4K, 60Hz, since it requires 2 DP 1.2 outputs to do so. Would an adapter to the new HDMI solve the issue?

Thanks, all!

-Evan

EDIT: I'm wrong. It only needs one! Anyone have any good 1440p or 4K monitor recommendations?

___________________________________________________________________________________________

____

Why would it require double DP 1.2? It'd have two ports so you could have two separate input devices.

You should be fine with one just DP to DP cable?

Sig under construction.

Why would you buy a 4K monitor, but not go for 144hz?

also, the GTX 780 cannot handle 4K gaming or video streaming, so do not waste your time buying it. the only good canidates for 4K is the R9 295x2, GTX 980TI, Titan X, and SLI/Crossfire of up to 2 generations back for graphics cards.

EDIT* Im not saying it cannot do 4K, but it will have horrible FPS, and with 60hz, good luck.

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

The monitor requires 2 DP 1.2 outputs to perform 4K @ 60 Hz (at least, Monoprice says so).

___________________________________________________________________________________________

____

Why would you buy a 4K monitor, but not go for 144hz?

also, the GTX 780 cannot handle 4K gaming or video streaming, so do not waste your time buying it. the only good canidates for 4K is the R9 295x2, GTX

I know. What else would you recommend @ $400?

____

the 780 WONT even be able to do that ingame, if you have some 4K60fps movies you might be able to, but gaming nah

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

the 780 WONT even be able to do that ingame, if you have some 4K60fps movies you might be able to, but gaming nah

What other monitor would you recommend, then? I have $500 to spend on a new monitor. I'm currently using a 19" Dell 1440x900 monitor, so...

____

Edit: I reread the product page, and it seems to suggest you only need one DP 1.2 to run 4K @ 60Hz.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for either a 1440p or 4K monitor (60 Hz is fine)?

To explain my want for a 4K monitor: I don't want to have to upgrade my monitor for at least 4-5 years, and that one was only $400 with a stellar Tom's Hardware review. I was thinking of playing games in either 1440p or 1080p, and running the desktop in 4K.

____

What other monitor would you recommend, then? I have $500 to spend on a new monitor. I'm currently using a 19" Dell 1440x900 monitor, so...

I wouldn't worry about monitor, I would worry about your card. If you want 4K, get the 980ti, save some money for it. if you want 1080 gameplay, get the 780, and spend your budget on this:

heres the price: http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2460HT-24-Inch-ZeroFlicker-LED-Lit/dp/B00ITORJRQ

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 3.2GHz || GPU:(first release,used) MSI R9 270 OC || Motherboard:MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard || RAM: 8 GB G.Skill Sniper 1600 || Monitors: Vizio 22 in Ultra slim 1080p TV || Storage: Seagate barracuda 160 GB 7200RPM,(REFURB) 1TB toshiba 7200RPM || PSU: (stripped from 2013 CAD PC)Corsair CX600 build was under $420

BE SURE TO FOLLOW YOUR THREADS! READ THIS BEFORE POSTING IN TROUBLESHOOTING!! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/40334-read-before-asking-for-help/

Edit: I reread the product page, and it seems to suggest you only need one DP 1.2 to run 4K @ 60Hz.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for either a 1440p or 4K monitor (60 Hz is fine)?

To explain my want for a 4K monitor: I don't want to have to upgrade my monitor for at least 4-5 years, and that one was only $400 with a stellar Tom's Hardware review. I was thinking of playing games in either 1440p or 1080p, and running the desktop in 4K.

I doubt even having a 1080p monitor is going to make you upgrade in a year or even 4 years. what you are doing, is looking in the wrong freaking place. your cool with 60hz, but do not want to upgrade in 4 years? does that make sense? your basically saying you would pick graphics over smoothness and FPS.

better hz means the longer you will have the monitor before cards overcome it's refresh rate.

I doubt even having a 1080p monitor is going to make you upgrade in a year or even 4 years. what you are doing, is looking in the wrong freaking place. your cool with 60hz, but do not want to upgrade in 4 years? does that make sense? your basically saying you would pick graphics over smoothness and FPS.

better hz means the longer you will have the monitor before cards overcome it's refresh rate.

Good point. I already have a 780, though.

____