How is the quality of my audio gear?

spwath

I got most of it second hand for free, and I dont really know the quality of it. I think it sounds great, but I would just like to know its quality.

Receiver:

sony STR-d965

Speakers:
Satellites and center speaker from Polk RM6005

Sub:

Polk PSW10

THe only thing i actually bought was the sub

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

good quality compared to some other ppl, but not studio quality. I'd say 7/10.

I would say @SSL or @Lays are the king of audio quality ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

So, anyone else want to say anything?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You have a fairly mediocre system there. Certainly better than anything you will get with straight computer audio but not earth shattering by any means. If you are using your computer as a source with these may I suggest that you put a DAC downstream of your PC and upstream of your Sony receiver/amp?

An entry level USB DAC would go a LONG way in improving your audio quality. For $200 you can pick up an IFI DSD nano from Ebay. In addition to having excellent audio quality, it allows you to play DSD SACD rips you download from the internet. These are many times greater quality than CDs and they sound insane. You can't do that with any sound card. 

You might also want to pick up a 90Ohm USB 2.0 cable like a SUPRA from Ebay while you're at it for good signal transfer.

And don't cheap out on the RCA cable from the DAC to the AMP. Makes a BIG difference. Crappiest thing I would go with is an Audioquest Evergreen RCA>RCA 0.6M for about $35 US/$45 CDN. 

Follow my advice and you will double your audio quality.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

You have a fairly mediocre system there. Certainly better than anything you will get with straight computer audio but not earth shattering by any means. If you are using your computer as a source with these may I suggest that you put a DAC downstream of your PC and upstream of your Sony receiver/amp?

An entry level USB DAC would go a LONG way in improving your audio quality. For $200 you can pick up an IFI DSD nano from Ebay. In addition to having excellent audio quality, it allows you to play DSD SACD rips you download from the internet. These are many times greater quality than CDs and they sound insane. You can't do that with any sound card.

You might also want to pick up a 90Ohm USB 2.0 cable like a SUPRA from Ebay while you're at it for good signal transfer.

And don't cheap out on the RCA cable from the DAC to the AMP. Makes a BIG difference. Crappiest thing I would go with is an Audioquest Evergreen RCA>RCA 0.6M for about $35 US/$45 CDN.

Follow my advice and you will double your audio quality.

I have an EB01 DAC, don't use it.

I feel like cables are a waste of money.

I feel like you might be trolling, but not sure.

I have an EB01 DAC, don't use it.

I feel like cables are a waste of money.

I feel like you might be trolling, but not sure.

He's definitely been trolling other threads as well.

He's definitely been trolling other threads as well.

And he made such a long and nice responce.

One of these times someone will listen to him and think it's true, and waste their money.

And he made such a long and nice responce.

One of these times someone will listen to him and think it's true, and waste their money.

There are two ways to learn a lesson. If you're not smart enough to figure out the easy way, tough shit.

There are two ways to learn a lesson. If you're not smart enough to figure out the easy way, tough shit.

The best thing would be to not have people troll, but that wont happen.

I was starting to believe him until he mentioned cables, and "double your sound quality"

The best thing would be to not have people troll, but that wont happen.

I was starting to believe him until he mentioned cables, and "double your sound quality"

Anytime someone recommends spending lots of money on specific products you didn't already ask about....

I shouldn't have to finish that thought.

Anytime someone recommends spending lots of money on specific products you didn't already ask about....

I shouldn't have to finish that thought.

Yeah.

I would say @SSL or @Lays are the king of audio quality ?

So, anyone else want to say anything?

I know nothing. If you're happy there's no point in doing anything different.

I know nothing. If you're happy there's no point in doing anything different.

Yeah ik, I don't want to do anything different.

I just want to know how the stuff I have compares to others, and how good it is.

I'm not changing it regardless. (Except I might change the receiver in the future to get surround inputs)