How long will these last

Go to solution Solved by mvitkun,

1.5 (i think) Not sure about temps but I have a 360mm rad just for cpu

1.5v seems somewhat high,I'd say around 4-7 years for the cpu because of the high voltage and the constant 100% load.

How long will a 3930k @ 4.8 ghz and 770 @stock last folding nearlt 24/7

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Are you asking when you expect them to die ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

If they are in a normal temperature range then they should last for quite a while.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Are you asking when you expect them to die ?

yes

!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

yes

Ok just as everyone else has said, if it has the cooling and isn't overlocked a ton then it should be good, I'd expect it to run in your life time and past.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

If you are asking if they will last for gaming, yes they will last quite a bit i would say for 3 to 4 years at least, or for the life span then look this way ↑.

at what temps?

what voltage is the 3930K running at?

1.5v seems somewhat high,I'd say around 4-7 years for the cpu because of the high voltage and the constant 100% load.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

It depends on how hot they are running. If you are starving them of air flow, it will not be long. But if you have decent cooling and minimal dust, they should run for a long time.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

BTW - Intel recommend no more then 1.4v at max, for 7/24 OC. Even without Folding, running at 1.5v is really going to degrade that CPU a lot quicker. I never run more then 1.35v into a SB or IB over clock. And if I even need that much, something is wrong. For Haswell, the new limit as per Intel is 1.3v...

I would definately take a look at your temps - if you are Folding and running aty 1.5v, that chip is going to degrade really fast.

Like everyone else has said, at stock with good cooling, components can last a LONG time. Even with mild to moderate OCs and good cooling you can expect a component to last longer then your next upgrade cycle.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99