Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas

Which one should I get... though they are both cheap I can only purchase one...

New Vegas.

Fallout 3.

Both are good, but Fallout 3 is the most immersive one :D

EDIT: (Trust me, i'm a guy that played both games, Fallout 3 actually feels like a post-apocaliptic one)

i prefer new vegas because its just fallout 3 with a nicer coat of polish  

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Vegas has way more content.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

We are talking about the GOTY and Ultimate editions right? If not, then I don't recommend getting the base games without getting the DLC.

If we are talking about the DLC editions then I would recommend Fallout 3 based on personal preference.

However I'd like to advise you to wait until the Summer sale so you can pick them both up for about $5 each as they have gone that low in the past sales.

Your choice on waiting, if you're going to buy now Fallout 3 would be my choice. Also Fallout 3(and New Vegas) are known to have issues(crashing mostly), there are fixes out there so if you need help PM me or make a thread, I'd be glad to help.

ive had an easier time modding FO3 then NV I keep breaking NV...found the world of 3 better, but I hear the story in NV is alot better.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Easy one. New Vegas. Better in every way. Better story, side quests, characters, tweaks to the mechanics and most of all, it has a proper Fallout wibe and humor.

And way better dlc's. Old World Blues and Lonesome road, epic.

Never Vegas is the better game but it dont run as well. wait till the summer sale...both will be in a bundle super cheap, you can count on it. 

I preferred Fallout 3, although New Vegas is arguably the better game. 

I played both games and I felt that the side quests in Fallout 3 made it a more entertaining game overall. Both are great though, so don't fuss too long over the decision.

EDIT: I should mention that I played New Vegas first and never actually finished the main story in Fallout 3.

Fallout 3 imo, NV is not bad and I like the content but there were times it felt like a drag to do something.

I really liked the Warzone moments in 3 and the DLCs were fun, especially the one with the winter stuff and sneaking.

Wait for steam sale and get both lol?

Imho 3 has a much better story and was more immersive but shorter base story. New vegas has an ok story that was longer and was less immersive but had more to do. Especially with the awesome dlc. As far as mods idk. Important to note, as other have said, fallout New vegas crashes way less than 3.

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

By the way. There's a Fallout sale on steam roght now. Go and Buy both or even the entire series. Man i love the first 2 Fallout's. If they would only remake them. 

By the way. There's a Fallout sale on steam roght now. Go and Buy both or even the entire series. Man i love the first 2 Fallout's. If they would only remake them.

the first 2 are fine they way they are. I wouldn't be opposed to an HD release though.

They (3 & NV) will both be cheaper likely in the summer sale. It's not guaranteed and you will only save acouple of bucks.

Which one should I get... though they are both cheap I can only purchase one...

Have played both extensively I would go with Fallout 3.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I liked the setting and ambiance of Fallout 3 much better than New Vegas. But Vegas was really good, too.