T.V. is broken. Can anyone help?

Hey my TV just randomly started showing a weird green tinge to the picture that slowly fades away with I turn it on. Also, when I change channel, or do anything like bring up the menu, it leaves a ghosted image of what was last on the screen. I have no idea what the problem is or what caused it.

The TV is a Sony Bravia 40" LCD smart Tv.

Would anyone here be able to tell what the nature of the problem is and whether I should try to get it fixed or if I should just buy a new one.

I'll attach a picture for reference.

20130715_214221_zps8ae04138.jpg

ignore the no signal thing, I unplugged all cables from the TV.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Does this happen with every signal input? It might be a problem wit HDCP. Some TV's have had problems in the past with cable boxes and how they decode signals.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

send it back or buy a new one

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

the connection between the board and panel is the problem just get it fixed, it shouldnt be that expensive if its the only problem

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

• 4 weeks later...

There has been problems with some Sony Bravia in the past and had to be recalled by Sony but that was a few years now, but if the TV is still under guarantee then send it back and get a it fixed for free or a replacement, if you bought the TV within one year then connect where you bought the TV and let then sort it out.

Cry Havoc!

The TV is 18 months old now, so out of warranty. However, I have contacted Sony and they put me in contact with a repairer who has confirmed the issue is the Panel itself and so will cost more than it's worth to fix. However, since the TV is so young apparently Sony might offer an out of warranty assistance deal to help pay for the new panel.

So now all I have to do is wait for word from Sony and hopefully they will help me out so I don't have to fork out for a new TV.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop