Performance and further details on Radeon Fury

MrKickkiller

Source: http://be.hardware.info/nieuws/43996/computex-amd-toont-fiji-videokaart-achter-gesloten-deuren---update

(Dutch Site)

Quick summary:

- Branding: "Radeon Fury"

- Full 300 series would be rebrands

o 390X is a rebrand of the 290X with 8gb of GDDR5 memory and potentially higher frequency's

- First gen of HBM is restricted to 4Gb per gpu.

- No need to expect a Titan X killer. "We perceived that the performance would lay just below a 980Ti." For that the frequency is raised up and over 1 ghz.

Power usage: "Sub 300 watt"

- Cooling: 120mm radiator with 2 fans

- Board partners may not be allowed to create custom designs in the beginning. (unconfirmed)

Update: GPU will be reveiled at G3 (16th of June)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

If the Fury is just a paper launch on the 16th, there will be heads rolling. I've heard today that the whole "performance is less than 980ti" thing is bs because mass production hasn't even been finalized yet for Fiji.

Revealed is an interesting choice of words, even if it is a translation. otherwise, not much else we didn't already know.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Speculators gunna speculate

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

If the Fury is just a paper launch on the 16th, there will be heads rolling. I've heard today that the whole "performance is less than 980ti" thing is bs because mass production hasn't even been finalized yet for Fiji.

Revealed is an interesting choice of words, even if it is a translation. otherwise, not much else we didn't already know.

Maybe reveiled isn't the correct term, but maybe uncovered ...

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Speculators gunna speculate

Only wanted to share with LTT since it seems like this was actually a private showing/conference

Huh, I thought the 290x would become the 390 non x at most, not dropping a tier seems kinda meek.

Lets wait for june 16, if amd doesnt have something nice for the price I guess ill have to get a 980ti.

So.... what was the new informaiton here? We already know that Fury will be presented on the 16th and leaks/rumors have said that Fury will be released on the 24th.

Not only that but performance is so relative even if it's below the 980ti on some games, on AMD optimized games it will probably beat the titan. Let's not forget that performance can vary that much from game to game

-------

Current Rig

-------