Corsair K70 vs K30 Keyboards?

Steve N. Mavronis

Don't laugh at this comparison. I'm planning a system build of which I had selected a Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Red LED - Cherry MX Red Switches) for my parts list. But do I really need a high-end mechanical keyboard? I like backlit keys so the Corsair Raptor K30 Gaming Keyboard also fits my needs as well. We are talking $130 vs $60 for a gaming keyboard. I'm currently using a Logitech G15 amber backlit gaming keyboard on my old PC. Another problem I have is sometimes my fingertips wear through the keycap surface mostly the ASD keys from playing first person shooters too much. The G15 has been my longest lasting keyboard so far and after 6 or so years I finally wore through the S key. I'm afraid if I get an expensive keyboard the same thing will happen sooner or later. But my entire new PC budget is $2000 so I'm not going to buy cheap components either. What do you think about the K70 vs the K30 keyboard no matter how mismatched they are in material and quality?

The K70 comes with an extra set of WASD,0-6 keys that have extra texture on them, personally I love them for gaming as I know where my fingers are without looking even when I change positions. The letters/numbers on them are laser engraved so its near enough impossible to wear them down. But at the end of the day its only you that can justify a K70 or K30.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Well, the K30 won't be much of an upgrade over the g15, whereas the K70 is mechanical and will be a huge improvement. If the K70 is too expensive you could also try something from Cooler Master.

Who needs a computer when you have a toaster?

I still have the K70 (red cherry switches and red illumination) in my parts wish list. It's so easy to pick the best stuff but checking myself to make sure I'm not going overboard with it - or maybe that's exactly what I should do. No compromise!