Is my 4670K good?

I've been testing my first OC today, and right now I have my multiplier at 4.6Ghz and I set my voltage to 1.22 and "auto mode" instead of adaptive cause Linus' OC video said to enable adaptive after you're all dialed in, and I didn't know what "override" mode was, so I left it at Auto.

at 4.6GHz CPU-Z says I'm at 1.228V, and AIDA65CPUID says I'm at 1.136V and my max temp after 10 minutes has been 71C on Core#1, every other core has stayed under 70C. Is my chip decent? Should I push it further?

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

it's perfect, keep it right at 4.6GHz, you're good.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

That's awesome! I'm glad I got a pretty good OC chip, after the AIDA64's stress test has been running awhile now, the temps stay a bit lower, it seems the 71C peaked during the begging of the test, the temps barely jump over 65 now.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |

Ah 15 minutes in to the test and I blue screened, I brought the clock down to 4.5 GHz to see if it'll stay stable here.

15 Minutes and strong with 4.5 @ 1.22V if it will run AIDA for 6 hours, and prime 95 for 12 hours I think I'm gonna lock it in, switch settings to adaptive for power saving reasons and be happy with my very first OC :)

4.6Ghz seems to be the best "bang for your volts" for Haswell, I would keep it at 4.6 and up your voltage a little more to get it stable.  71C at 100% load is good so you have some head room.  Just keep it below 80, and your voltage below 1.3~ (just to be safe.)

That's a great overclock. Good for you!

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4.6Ghz seems to be the best "bang for your volts" for Haswell, I would keep it at 4.6 and up your voltage a little more to get it stable.  71C at 100% load is good so you have some head room.  Just keep it below 80, and your voltage below 1.3~ (just to be safe.)

Should try 4.6 @  1.25 then?

It's just gonna bring more heat output, If your 100% stable, your fine.

That is a pretty good chip! Asus taught people how to bin the chip by setting it at 4.6 at 1.2v and your chip is pretty close which makes this an excellent chip! :) 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Just see what makes it stable, and if the voltage/temps are reasonable keep it.   Only if you actually want 4.6Ghz, it's only a .1 difference.

It's just gonna bring more heat output, If your 100% stable, your fine.

Considering he's only at 71C, he's got at least 9 degrees to go before it gets a little hot.  

Considering he's only at 71C, he's got at least 9 degrees to go before it gets a little hot.  

Why make it run hotter and at a higher voltage when you don't have to.

Why make it run hotter and at a higher voltage when you don't have to.

Many people have said that 4.6Ghz scores quite a bit higher than 4.5Ghz on synthetic benchmarks (Compared to like 4.0 to 4.1) so in some cases 4.6 would be preferred. Maybe not in gaming cases, but possibly in rendering.  

And considering he's only at 71c  and 1.22v, he can afford to raise his volts a little higher to achieve 4.6.

Realistically, he's really only going to hit like 65c during normal use if his max raises to 80.  Which is very reasonable.

Not to mention it just makes you feel good inside running higher...  ;)