400 dpi on asus RoG Swift PG278Q (2560x1440p)

Go to solution Solved by Mao_Zedong,

24 inches

In that case the equivalent would be 475dpi.

So i was in the market for a Gaming monitor with all the bells and whistles and was about to buy the benq XL2720Z,but then i saw the RoG Swift and those awesome bezels and that 1440p screen,the only reason i hadnt switched to 1440p despite having a powerful gpu was because i needed 144 hz since i play lots of counter strike,so i ordered the swift and nw im waiting for it.Now i remember that someone told me that as your resolution increases ur dpi changes,for example 1080p 400 dpi would be faster than 1440p 400 dpi, since i play a lot of cs is there anyway i can get perfect dpi on 1440p that is the same as 400dpi 1080p,or am i compleatly wrong abt this???

thank u all in advance!! :D

You don't need to always be on the bleeding edge if you're playing CS:GO, really. but there wouldn't be really much DPi difference, there may just be that your mouse would seem to move faster/slower because you have different sized monitors, or different refresh rates. It wouldn't/shouldn't be different, and if it is different then I am sorely mistaken.

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

What was your old monitor's size? I need that to calculate this.

24 inches

Switching from 1080p to 1440p in CS wont change your overall sensitivity in game AT ALL, on the desktop the mouse will need to be moved more, because there's more pixels to move accross (400dpi = 400 pixels per inch of mouse movement), in FPS games you don't move in pixels, you move in degrees, therefore the dpi doesn't matter too much.

To test if you dpi is high enough ingame, just do really small movements, if you notice that your crosshair jumps slightly, it might be worth increasing dpi and reducing ingame sens (IE go from 400dpi + 1x game sens to 800dpi+0.5x game sens), but if you was fine with 400dpi gaming on 1080p, you shouldn't have much trouble on 1440p, because as I said, on FPS games, you don't aim in pixels, you aim in degrees.

I personally play source games at 1600dpi x 0.57 ingame (the higher dpi helps slightly for massive maps playing sniper in tf2) although I can happily play at 800x1.14 or even 400x2.28. Higher dpi + lower sensitivity ingame technically gives you a higher effect aiming resolution (although after not long it doesn't make much difference), however, going to really high dpi makes cursor movement in windows hard and can cause jitter and other artifacts.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

But there wouldn't be really much DPi difference, there may just be that your mouse would seem to move faster/slower because you have different sized monitors, or different refresh rates. It wouldn't/shouldn't be different, and if it is different then I am sorely mistaken.

This is correct but is also vague.

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1