Is this possible on PC?

dlf

I have retail and digital copies of a few Blizzard games (Diablo 2 LOD, WarCraft 3, StarCraft (only digital)) wondering if I can install one copy (disc or digital) somewhere then install the other copy in another location but saves and in general the game would be separate.

EG: I want to install the disc copy of Diablo 2 LOD and use a few mods (Nezeramontias, PlugY, perhaps others?) and install like a French (digital) copy of Diablo 2 LOD that would be nearly base vanilla but with PlugY, and "HD" resolution.

I doubt it is but, curious.

They will still try to use the same directories for things, so unless you can change where the games get the resources (such as save files), which is possible, you won't be able to have two simultaneous copies

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I installed my English disc copy of WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos and installed my French (digital) copy of the same game - in far different directories but they both still run in English. Unless I dual booted - which could be a pain I don't think there would be a way to do this.

Thing with any program is, that they don't install in one folder. Main stuff goes which ever folder you choose. Then some small stuff like profile customization and savegames install in My documents, appdata/roaming etc. Since there is no way to legally change game's setting so that it would load from different profile folder, only way that I can think is to install with another admin user.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv