my "good enough for gaming" rig

anthonytran7757

Hi everyone! heres mu build. i kinda forgot to take pictures along the way but its all completed now :D no extreme watercooling or anything just a simple PC i put together and am proud of. and because i got my first one wet >_>

Spec:

Intel core i3 3220

MSI z77a-g43

XFX 550w PSU

Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 (Dual X cooler version)

Coolermaster hyper 612

Kingston 8GB Ram

2x500gb hhd (salvaged from my old computer)

Apevia X-trooper 

had to do some DIY mods if you can call them mods. i replaced the window on the side panel due to the fact that the hyper 612 is too massive to fit in my dumb chassis. also cut up a piece of cardboard to cover up the ugly cables on the bottom of my PC :D 

post-19167-0-96832600-1374361287_thumb.jpost-19167-0-90463400-1374361289_thumb.jpost-19167-0-30471600-1374361291_thumb.j

I'm fully open to criticism and suggestions for my build so if you wanna say something about it i wanna hear it :D

Looking very neat, but please get a proper camera or make it so it's less grainy, it's really not doing justice to the build right now, cuz that build looks awesome in my opinion.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Looking very neat, but please get a proper camera or make it so it's less grainy, it's really not doing justice to the build right now, cuz that build looks awesome in my opinion.

sorry iphone camera >_>

Don't get this PC wet like the last one :)

There's my criticism!

If you could get another 1TB Drive why don't you try running both those 500 GB Drives in RAID 0?

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I personally would've picked up a FX-6300 for the price of that i3.

Nice build. :)

I second that. I don't want to burst your bubbles, but "more cores is more better" when it's a choice between a dual core and a hexa-core. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Don't get this PC wet like the last one  :)

There's my criticism!

If you could get another 1TB Drive why don't you try running both those 500 GB Drives in RAID 0?

how do i put my hard drives in raid 0

I personally would've picked up a FX-6300 for the price of that i3.

Nice build.  :)

how much better does the FX-6300 perform compared to the i3?

I feel that the fx-6300 is better because it has more cores. Because games now-a-days are using 4 cores and the fx-6300 has 6...and the i3-3220 has 2 real cores and hyperthreading so it says it 4 cores but not really because those cores are not even there.

PC everything!

CPU-FX8350@4.2  GPU- Sapphire 7870  RAM-8Gb Corsair Vengence @1866 Case-Arc Midi R2 PSU-Rosewill Xtreme Series 850W  Hard Drive-1.5T MOBO-ASRock 970 Extreme3

I think I'd have chosen a different case, possibly a lower wattage PSU and an H77 mobo since you can't overclock anyway, save some money and maybe get a 7850/better peripherals/etc. Other than that those are some good choices. i3-3220 is still a very good choice for budget gaming.

I feel that the fx-6300 is better because it has more cores. Because games now-a-days are using 4 cores and the fx-6300 has 6...and the i3-3220 has 2 real cores and hyperthreading so it says it 4 cores but not really because those cores are not even there.

It actually has 3 cores with 2 threads per core but it can be overclocked so yes it is more powerful.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I think I'd have chosen a different case, possibly a lower wattage PSU and an H77 mobo since you can't overclock anyway, save some money and maybe get a 7850/better peripherals/etc. Other than that those are some good choices. i3-3220 is still a very good choice for budget gaming.

I got these parts for future upgradeability :) I wanna get an i5 3570k but I don't have any money at the moment so I'm just making do right now.

if I was you I'd go with a GD-55 since it has a matte black pcb instead of the brown one... (the Gd-45 also has brown pcb)

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

if I was you I'd go with a GD-55 since it has a matte black pcb instead of the brown one... (the Gd-45 also has brown pcb)

if i had a bigger budget i would've gone for that as well but seeing as how i didn't have much money to build my computer, compromises had to be made Q_Q