Windows 10

So i am going to build a pc around the end of June.  I don't really want to wait for windows 10 to be released in late July to build it.  Should i get win 8.1 now then upgrade?  Will I get the Free Upgrade?  I would hate to be stuck with win 8.1.  Thanks for the help.

yes you will get the free upgrade

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yeah, you''' get the free upgrade. all 7 and 8/8.1 users will get it.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

So i am going to build a pc around the end of June.  I don't really want to wait for windows 10 to be released in late July to build it.  Should i get win 8.1 now then upgrade?  Will I get the Free Upgrade?  I would hate to be stuck with win 8.1.  Thanks for the help.

Yes you will be able to get the free upgrade, its up for grabs for the first year after win10 launches, even for those who buy a windows 7 or 8.1 key part way through the free upgrade thing.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

So i have the notification for Windows 10 on both of my computers (desktop and laptop)

Can i use the same email for both upgrades or am i supposed to use a different email? 

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

What I would do, is get the insider preview (beta) Windows 10. And when Windows 10 is official out, buy it. Like this I have the OS disk. That is assuming of course you don't have Windows for the system. If you do, and is legit, then I would get the free upgrade.