980 Ti's

the titan x full waterblock will fit the gtx 980 ti according to ekwb's wesite.

News
Jun 2, 2015
Existing EK-FC Titan X compatible with the latest NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 Ti

EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium water cooling gear manufacturer, is pleased to announce that the existing EK-FC Titan X series water blocks are compatible with reference design NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 Ti officially launched on June 1st 2015.

Post #20  ;) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/377727-980-tis/#entry5116896

No more half asleep posting, I promise. lol

lolll no problems

There are times that depreciating returns already hit hard on the third card.

My Grading System on headphones: SS= 98-100, S= 95-97, A+= 91-94, A= 86-90, A-= 81-85, B+= 76-80, B= 71-75, B-= 66-70, C+= 61-65, C= 56-60, C-= 51-55, D+= 46-50, D= 41-45, D-= 36-40, F+= 31-35, F= 26-30, F-= 21-25, Tier 1 crap= 16-20, Tier 2 crap= 11-15, Tier 3 crap= 6-10, Dahell tier= 1-5, No hope= 0                 Nevertheless, "Enjoy what you enjoy without starting some silly culture war" - Lachlanlikesathing. If you Recommend the M50/X in a thead, I would probably send you a dick pic.

Not sure if this is an issue or not? EK Cooling config reckons its a visual match with the Titan block but this thread talks about the thermal pads and lack of vram on the Ti compared to the Titan:

http://forums.evga.com/Geforce-GTX-980-Waterblocks-Geforce-GTX-980-ti-Waterblocks-m2343246.aspx

- Posts # 5, 6, 12 & 13.

In essence, shouldn't be an issue but would like to see someone fit it first.

To be honest I always wait until the next gen releases to get best bang for buck on cards, I mean seriously these card will be good for years to come and paying $700-$1k for a gpu card is a bit steep. That's just me cuz the build I am planning for gaming (and other things) is already running upwards into the $4k+ range and that is not including the monitor(s).

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

*picture

:o  - the hair, put it back in the bag please!

Look at the EVGA link above for info about the backplate and vram [# 31].

The cats are losing their winter coat atm, sorry about hair ^^

Thank you for the link! So apparently it will fit perfectly, you just won't need to add the thermal pads (as there are no VRAM to cool ^^), which basically what was I expected.

The cats are losing their winter coat atm, sorry about hair ^^

Thank you for the link! So apparently it will fit perfectly, you just won't need to add the thermal pads (as there are no VRAM to cool ^^), which basically what was I expected.

You're right  :)

Also you will NEED to send me your Xonar Essence One right now  :lol:

You're right  :)

Also you will NEED to send me your Xonar Essence One right now  :lol:

Sorry good sir, I cannot live without it!  :D

Sorry good sir, I cannot live without it!  :D

I understand why  :wub:

Also remember guy they can make custom cards for the 980ti unlike the titan X so like always check that compatibility list. You don't want to have read this thread and later just pick up a titan X block because maybe it was cheaper and find it doesnt fit on a modified 980ti

• 1 month later...

This thread still alive? It'll be awhile before I can afford to do a custom loop, but I was watching Kyle's build-log for that ridiculous pink loop he's doing and he ran into a snag trying to get a block on a Zotac card. 

https://youtu.be/EdXycmVDwmY?t=10m30s

Got me wondering if there are any custom-PCB cards out there that actually lend themselves well to watercooling, if one were willing to spend more to avoid the some of the silicon lottery unertainty.