Anti Corrosion Questions

Hi! I am getting nickel and copper blocks for my cpu and gpu and my radiator has copper in it, should I be worried about corrosion and if so what should I use? I cant get a kill coil any time soon and my res has acrylic so alcohol is out of the question. What should I do? (I am getting an acetal block for my 780ti which I assume uses copper)

Kill Coil and Alcohol do not prevent corrosion. Those are to inhibit bacterial / algae growth. I think copper and nickel go well together, so I wouldn't expect any corrosion.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Kill Coil and Alcohol do not prevent corrosion. Those are to inhibit bacterial / algae growth. I think copper and nickel go well together, so I wouldn't expect any corrosion.

Ok but if my computer shits out on me than I am blaming it on you ;)

Hi! I am getting nickel and copper blocks for my cpu and gpu and my radiator has copper in it, should I be worried about corrosion and if so what should I use? I cant get a kill coil any time soon and my res has acrylic so alcohol is out of the question. What should I do? (I am getting an acetal block for my 780ti which I assume uses copper)

Nickel and Copper are very "similar" metals and do not readily corrode compared to something like aluminum and copper which are dis-similar metals and in a loop would cause galvanic corrosion. So your you case there is nothing to worry about in terms of corrosion but you will need a biocide or kill coil which is what prevents bacterial growth. 

There are also clear and colored coolants out there that have preventive measures for corrosion or to be used in dis-similar metal loops:

http://mayhems.co.uk/store/x1-clear-100ml.html

Nickel and Copper are very "similar" metals and do not readily corrode compared to something like aluminum and copper which are dis-similar metals and in a loop would cause galvanic corrosion. So your you case there is nothing to worry about in terms of corrosion but you will need a biocide or kill coil which is what prevents bacterial growth. 

There are also clear and colored coolants out there that have preventive measures for corrosion or to be used in dis-similar metal loops:

Does primo flex advanced LRT still come with some anti corrosive stuff?

the corrosion issue is using aluminium and copper. using those together needs

an inhibitor to prevent galvanic corrosion. and most use ethylene glycol for that

purpose.

Does primo flex advanced LRT still come with some anti corrosive stuff?

From what I know it never came with any, it does comes with a loop cleaning solution which I would say don't use until you need to maintenance your loop to use it to flush everything. Since when assembling a new loop you can flush and clean all the parts beforehand especially the rads.

For your loop if you ran nothing but distilled water and a biocide you would have no worries about corrosion.

From what I know it never came with any, it does comes with a loop cleaning solution which I would say don't use until you need to maintenance your loop to use it to flush everything. Since when assembling a new loop you can flush and clean all the parts beforehand especially the rads.

For your loop if you ran nothing but distilled water and a biocide you would have no worries about corrosion.

So what should I use as a biocidal agent?

So what should I use as a biocidal agent?

If you can't get your hand on a silver coils and want to use straight distilled water you can use something like PT Nuke, another is the fluid I mentioned which has biocides and anti-corrosive properties all in one bottle for diluting:

PT Nuke:

http://www.amazon.com/Petras-Tech-Nuke-Concentrated-Biocide/dp/B008EGYJ54

Mayhems Clear:

check with your block mannie as some do prohibit some biocides.