Roccat Kave Xtd 5.1 question about real 5.1 surround sound

So everyone says 7.1 virtual surround sound is meh. How does it compare to real 5.1 also is there a difference is Razer Surround and virtual 7.1 surround sound. Is this headset worth it as it seems like the main thing selling it is the 5.1 because for $10 more I could get the Sennheiser g4me one. $15 less Steelseries Siberia Elite Prism $10 less HyperX Cloud II. So it seems like the main thing selling this headset is the real 5.1 so is it worth it.  Also what is the difference between this one and this one

Logitech G430 is your answer. It has 7.1 I have nothing at all negative to say about mine.

Logitech G430 is your answer. It has 7.1 I have nothing at all negative to say about mine.

Based off of Hardware Cunnucks Review of it the G230 seems better plus I'm going for more of a red build I'd probably rather get a Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma for the same price

the logitech g430 is not real 7.1...... its a gimmick and im my experience of several virtual 7.1 headsets, they all sound rubbish compared to my sennheiser g4me one headset, if you want an amazing headset look no further.

the roccat kave will probably sound better than any virtual 7.1 as its true 5.1, but many people will tell you proper stereo headsets are better as we all only have two ears, and true surround headsets may have more speakers per ear cup but they are smaller and lack bass.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

the logitech g430 is not real 7.1...... its a gimmick and im my experience of several virtual 7.1 headsets, they all sound rubbish compared to my sennheiser g4me one headset, if you want an amazing headset look no further.

the roccat kave will probably sound better than any virtual 7.1 as its true 5.1, but many people will tell you proper stereo headsets are better as we all only have two ears, and true surround headsets may have more speakers per ear cup but they are smaller and lack bass.

What about the HyperX cloud the amount of hype these get

ive heard many good reviews about the hyperx cloud, apparently its one of the best overall headsets out for the price, if price is an issue id deffo recommend them but if you can spend more i would really really suggest the sennheisers.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I'm too hung over to deal with this thread.

real 5.1 is a marketing gimmick that no self respecting headphone manufacturer would ever shill. getting a realistic 3d soundscape is not made with tiny cheap speakers spaced millimeters apart from eachother. it is made by the difference in timing and volume of the sound picked up between your 2 ears. the only way this would work is if the speakers in the headset were space a few feet apart from eachother.

i wouldnt touch virtual or even real surround with a ten foot bargepole, unless the real surround was huge speakers and a subwoofer in my room, you want quality stereo headphones like sennheisers or audio technica and a decent soundcard.

i made the big mistake of buying some astro a40s and  my god were they appalling, fanboy headset is what they are, i just thought they were good but i was wrong.