Logitech G13 Joystick

Hi guys i'm about to get a new build and i'm getting a gaming keypad because i can't play on keyboards (console gamer) so i want to get the logitech g13 i think it's a perfect pad for me but my only consern is the joystick.

It seems so tiny and i have no opportunity of testing it before buying it but i have a ps3 controller (dualshock 3) that does'nt work and that i had turned apart a few days ago. I'm wondering if i could mod the ps3 joystick to replace the logitech g13 thumbstick.

I also have a xbox 360 controller but i don't really want to take it apart because it still works (i will do so if the ps3 thumbstick can't be used)

So have anyone got the g13 and have modded it with any joystick?

I saw plenty of videos and threads about g13 modding but never with dualshock 3 joysticks

Hi guys i'm about to get a new build and i'm getting a gaming keypad because i can't play on keyboards (console gamer) so i want to get the logitech g13 i think it's a perfect pad for me but my only consern is the joystick.

It seems so tiny and i have no opportunity of testing it before buying it but i have a ps3 controller (dualshock 3) that does'nt work and that i had turned apart a few days ago. I'm wondering if i could mod the ps3 joystick to replace the logitech g13 thumbstick.

I also have a xbox 360 controller but i don't really want to take it apart because it still works (i will do so if the ps3 thumbstick can't be used)

I saw plenty of videos and threads about g13 modding but never with dualshock 3 joysticks

Do the old order on amazon and return if you dont like it. 

before you go and spend that I reccomend trying kb and mouse for a couple months to see if you can get used to it..I would be amazed if you cant

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Do the old order on amazon and return if you dont like it. 

I don't understand what you're saying but i can only buy on one french site (i'm french) called LDLC 

before you go and spend that I reccomend trying kb and mouse for a couple months to see if you can get used to it..I would be amazed if you cant

I already tried since Christmas i'm trying to play cod: aw with Mouse & Keyboard

Of course i don't have any problem with the mouse but the Keyboard.....I just can't get accostumed to using 4 keys for movements and i am really slow at things like crouching and jumping because i have to look at the keys before pressing and since i growed with playstation (PS ONE,PS TWO,PS THREE) A joystick feels much more natural to me

I already tried since Christmas i'm trying to play cod: aw with Mouse & Keyboard

Of course i don't have any problem with the mouse but the Keyboard.....I just can't get accostumed to using 4 keys for movements and i am really slow at things like crouching and jumping because i have to look at the keys before pressing and since i growed with playstation (PS ONE,PS TWO,PS THREE) A joystick feels much more natural to m

Why cant you order off amazon?

Of course i don't have any problem with the mouse but the Keyboard.....I just can't get accostumed to using 4 keys for movements and i am really slow at things like crouching and jumping because i have to look at the keys before pressing and since i growed with playstation (PS ONE,PS TWO,PS THREE) A joystick feels much more natural to me

I just say this because I come from pretty much the exact same situation I was console gaming exclusively ...when I was in kindergarden and didn't start pc gaming until I was....21? in 2009. I grew up with an Genesis/NES if I can break the Dpad/analog stick habit you should be able too :P (NES/Genesis, ps1 ps2/xb/gamecube ps3/xb360)

and now the opposite is true for me I CANNOT use a controler anymore. They are just to slow and cumbersome. I dont get why you would need to look for jump though since its on space...you just rest your thumb on it and its the only job your thumb does.  same thing with crouching if you just move it to ctrl. then your thumb and pinky just have 1 job to do...jump and crouch, they are literally the only reason you move those 2 fingers...the base movement shoudlnt be hard if you have your finger position set and dont move around. Maybe thats your issue? This is how mine is.

u0Pc62y.jpg

The only finger that should be moving much for movement is your  middle finger for "S" or your pinky for "shift"

I just say this cause with one of those things you are losing out of the precision aiming of a mouse...and you might as well just hook up an xb/ps controler to your pc.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I just say this because I come from pretty much the exact same situation I was console gaming exclusively ...when I was in kindergarden and didn't start pc gaming until I was....21? in 2009. I grew up with an Genesis/NES if I can break the Dpad/analog stick habit you should be able too :P (NES/Genesis, ps1 ps2/xb/gamecube ps3/xb360)

and now the opposite is true for me I CANNOT use a controler anymore. They are just to slow and cumbersome. I dont get why you would need to look for jump though since its on space...you just rest your thumb on it and its the only job your thumb does.  same thing with crouching if you just move it to ctrl. then your thumb and pinky just have 1 job to do...jump and crouch, they are literally the only reason you move those 2 fingers...the base movement shoudlnt be hard if you have your finger position set and dont move around. Maybe thats your issue? This is how mine is.

u0Pc62y.jpg

The only finger that should be moving much for movement is your  middle finger for "S" or your pinky for "shift"

I just say this cause with one of those things you are losing out of the precision aiming of a mouse...and you might as well just hook up an xb/ps controler to your pc.

You got the exact keyboard i was about to get lol

Thank you very much for your advices i think i will try them till summer and see how it works for me then with my next build i'll be able to choose between keypad and mechanical keyboard

Why cant you order off amazon?

Because i'm 14 years old and my parents only trust LDLC

But do you mean Keyboard > Keypad?

It's mainly for FPS/TPS because mouse aiming is much better.

The choice for me is between

Logitech g13 + Mad Catz Cyborg V5 or Corsair K70 Red leds cherry mx brown

Both choices are the same exact price.

The mouse i'm looking to get is the Asus gladius with Asus GM50 mousepad

Because i'm 14 years old and my parents only trust LDLC

Then convince them that amazon is good. If amazon aint trustworthy i dont know who is.

Then convince them that amazon is good. If amazon aint trustworthy i dont know who is.

I can try but....you know

The Xbox 360 controller works really well on PC, so I'd get and adapter to use the controller you already own.

The Xbox 360 controller works really well on PC, so I'd get and adapter to use the controller you already own.

I actually use it on the pc (it's wired) but for fps i just don't want to aim with a joystick.

So here's what i want:

Joystick movement + Mouse Aiming

Only way i can get it is G13 (or the razer ones)

I use the xbox 360 controller for every other games (sport,racing,tps....)

I can try but....you know

Seriously, amazon.fr is as reliable as you can get

Seriously, amazon.fr is as reliable as you can get

ok i'm gonna see the prices and al that then thanks for the advice