2. where should i put a valve?

post-118593-0-36169500-1433079221.png

Loop should go in this order

1. res

2. pump

3. cpu

4. radiator

Is pump and res a combo or standalone?

In water cooling, the only hard rule for the loop is that the res should always feed directly into the pump so that there's no chance of the pump running dry. Other than that, you can connect the other loop components in any order because you won't achieve "cooler temps" by putting the rad(s) at a certain point in the loop. Once the rig heats up the loop willl reach an equallibrium and the temps will depend on how much/well your rad(s) can get rid of heat and what the ambient temp of the room is.

As for the tubing, run it between parts in whatever way works/looks the best for you, only making sure that the res feeds directly into the pump. If you have a res/pump combo then you won't have to worry about that. If you are wanting to put a valve in the loop to make draining it easy, then I would suggest putting it at the lower point possible. If you are wanting a valve for filling it, I would suggest the highest point possible so that air can easily get out.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Loop should go in this order

1. res

2. pump

3. cpu

4. radiator

Is pump and res a combo or standalone?

In water cooling, the only hard rule for the loop is that the res should always feed directly into the pump so that there's no chance of the pump running dry. Other than that, you can connect the other loop components in any order because you won't achieve "cooler temps" by putting the rad(s) at a certain point in the loop. Once the rig heats up the loop willl reach an equallibrium and the temps will depend on how much/well your rad(s) can get rid of heat and what the ambient temp of the room is.

As for the tubing, run it between parts in whatever way works/looks the best for you, only making sure that the res feeds directly into the pump. If you have a res/pump combo then you won't have to worry about that. If you are wanting to put a valve in the loop to make draining it easy, then I would suggest putting it at the lower point possible. If you are wanting a valve for filling it, I would suggest the highest point possible so that air can easily get out.

pump and ress

De most important thing for me is: where do i put the valve?

De most important thing for me is: where do i put the valve?

What are you planning on using the valve for? Draining the loop?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

You can split the pump outlets and have one just a tube and a valve.