Should I worry

I had a look just now at my stats for folding on the web ( http://folding.stanford.edu/client/ what stats are displayed must be cookie related as there is nothing in the url to link it to me) and the circle for the GPU was blank .  Went into FAH control  and it says failed next to my GPU should I worry about this failure , any way to see why it failed and how I can stop this in future?

Folding_failed.jpg

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Check the logs, it will give you all the info that you and we need

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Looked at the logs all I can see is "bad work unit" and "Bad platformId size".  It appears this happened nine ~ten days ago

No idea what any of that means here is a screen shot of the log (maybe should have tried copy because now when I go back to log for slot 01 it is virtually empty) .

Log_slot_01_GPU_Folding.jpg

@TakaIcscp    No it is not a laptop it is a desktop

"This too shall pass"

Can you copy and paste the logs directly? I cannot read your screen shot.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Can you copy and paste the logs directly? I cannot read your screen shot.

"(maybe should have tried copy because now when I go back to log for slot 01 it is virtually empty)"

CTRL + "+" Increases the apparent screen size. Well in windows anyway, I shouldn't assume that everyone is runninig windows

Any way GPU seems to be folding fine now log now exists for the last two days.  Colour me 'very confused'.

I so dislike knowing something now works but not knowing why it has become sorted.

"This too shall pass"

"(maybe should have tried copy because now when I go back to log for slot 01 it is virtually empty)"

CTRL + "+" Increases the apparent screen size. Well in windows anyway, I shouldn't assume that everyone is runninig windows

Any way GPU seems to be folding fine now log now exists for the last two days.  Colour me 'very confused'.

I so dislike knowing something now works but not knowing why it has become sorted.

Could have been as simple as a couple of bad WU's. Who knows... main thing is it works now...

When pasting a log, please do a copy and paste of all of it from the logs. I look for a lot of various things that may or may not be in your screen shot. :) Better more info than not enough.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks Whaler shall do, was a bit "coniptated" when I noticed something was wrong so I must have pressed clear when I just wanted to close the log.

I used an old monitor as a secondary display and connecting this up seems to have started the problem, changed the secondary display[1] to one my son brought home a couple of days ago and although it uses the same cabling/ports etc the system now works so I think it possibly had something to do with using one old monitor as opposed to the other.

[1]Using a newish BenQ monitor as main display and I have YouTube chat shows (WAN show, the TEK, Tech Talk etc) on a secondary much smaller monitor basically because I very seldom look at it when doing something but I look now and again when 'they' say something like "as you can plainly see" at which point I look over too the secondary monitor to see what 'they'are talking about, without having to minimise whatever I am doing..

"This too shall pass"