Why does nobody like the Corsair power supplies

owenrees1
Go to solution Solved by Samfisher,

CX is the cheapest series in Corsair's whole lineup of PSUs, and they are decent but not excellent.  Corsair by default has a price premium cos of the branding.

In England the corsair CX psu's are some of the cheapest availible.

There are still cheaper + better one's in the UK

XFX TS for example is a bargain

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

The CX are the cheapest, yet still the same price as XFX TS. The XFX has more warranty, MUCH better internal componentry, better ripple and so on

Why you would get the CX apart from brand snobbery, I don't know

RM is just poor, you can get G2 for the same price. CS/VS are overpriced, VS is made even worse than the CX

AXi/HXi/AX are fine, however HORRIFICALLY overpriced, you can generally get G2/P2/XFX XTR, Antec HCG/HCP and HCP I would say is the best PSU on the market

But u miss out on the corsair customer support and build quality.

Corsair makes the pbest PSUs, hands doen

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

But u miss out on the corsair customer support and build quality.

Corsair makes the pbest PSUs, hands doen

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

EVGA G2 is better built, longer warranty, same price

RM is therefore overpriced

There have been two recalls on these units, once with the older Chicony units and once with these CWT units

http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu

Corsair customer support m8, which is worth the extra 20 bucks.

If your PSU is rubbish, doesent mean every other corsair PSU is to.

I have used an antec earthwatts and evga supernova before. I can tell you first hand that they were one of the worst investments I ever made. On the other hand, the corsair one has never failed me, one of the best pieces in my rig

If your PSU is rubbish, doesent mean every other corsair PSU is to.

I have used an antec earthwatts and evga supernova before. I can tell you first hand that they were one of the worst investments I ever made. On the other hand, the corsair one has never failed me, one of the best pieces in my rig

My PSU works, however that is nothing to do with my opinion of Corsair PSUs

Firstly, Corsair do not make their PSUs, so their "build quality" doesn't really exist

EVGA has bad customer support are you saying? They have legendary support, and 10 year warranty on the G2 and P2, not 7 year like the AXi

Stick to what you want, but the AX1200i is an overpriced, yes good, but horrifically overpriced PSU 

My PSU works, however that is nothing to do with my opinion of Corsair PSUs

Firstly, Corsair do not make their PSUs, so their "build quality" doesn't really exist

EVGA has bad customer support are you saying? They have legendary support, and 10 year warranty on the G2 and P2, not 7 year like the AXi

Stick to what you want, but the AX1200i is an overpriced, yes good, but horrifically overpriced PSU

1. Nor does EVGA. Both contract seasonic for the pcb. But the finishing touches are a lot better

2. M8, have you ever dealt with corsair support? They are by far the better support brand

3. $80 more with a better fan and adjustable amps? I don't call that overpriced

1. Nor does EVGA. Both contract seasonic for the pcb. But the finishing touches are a lot better

2. M8, have you ever dealt with corsair support? They are by far the better support brand

1. Seasonic do not make any corsair PSUs apart from two AX, neither of which are the 1200i, and superflower make the G2, not seasonic

2. Okay, but EVGA support are far from bad

3. $80 is a lot, the EVGA is still essentially silent under load, and adjustable amps is a gimmick. Pointless, it provides no use other than a thing to play around with and get bored of

Anyway, that's all I have to say

Which supernova did you have?  The NEX (FSP), or the GS/PS (Seasonic)?

@ @CoolaxGaming

Oh, and both EVGA and Corsair have some of the best CS in the tech world.

Corsair PSU's are overpriced and they do not deliver anything special in their high price range. 

I've converted to EVGA only. They are great performers, supreme warranty (10 years on the SuperNova-series), all black cables and sleeving.

ASRock X99X Killer, i7 5820K @4Ghz, 16Gb Crucial DDR4, 2x 250Gb Samsung Evo, WD 2TB Black + 2TB Red, Corsair 750D, EVGA Supernova G2 850 & GTX 980 (ref.)

If you wish for me to reply, please quote my comment ;)

Oh wait, the new RMi have been introduced

I bet they are made by CWT, overpriced (even more than RM) yet worse than EVGA G2

I've got a cs450m for about a year and have had no problems what so ever. It's very, very quiet at a 360w load for over an hour with a filter. The only thing I dislike about it is there is not enough Molex and sata connections (4sata and i think only 2 Molex). Modular? Yes but unless your pc is super basic you will use all the cables anyways

Edit: and that they are always on sale with a rebate that takes forever. I hate rebates

double edit: 4 sata, 3molex and only 1 pci-e

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q