Case that fits in a backpack

MJOLNITR VIPER

Does anyone have any idea of a case that could fit into a backpack. I am going to be building one for a friend and he wants to be able to transport it in a backpack to and from school.  

EDIT:  Preferably ITX

Antec ISK series seems like it could... if not, why not just get a NUC or ZBOX?

What backpack?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

No idea, He said its a normal size one.

I think coolermaster has or had a very small case, Im not sure if its still around, Sorry if this was no help but i would at least look into it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Can you get him to measure dimesions? The silverstone sg05 is one of the smallest cases that supports a dual slot graphics card  8.74" x 6.93" x 10.87"

lol a laptop

Ya, this. If you want to be lugging a cumputer back and forth to school, a laptop is the way to go.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

edit: for school? why would you want to take an itx pc to school - thats what laptops are for

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

lian li miniq pc q05

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

edit: for school? why would you want to take an itx pc to school - thats what laptops are for

He is a hardcore gamer and a notebook isnt powerful enough for him.

One of the smallest itx cases around? http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/06/10/lian-li-shows-off-its-smallest-mini-itx-cas/1

Some other small/thin cases: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/inwin-case-bq656tad120tbl

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/inwin-case-iwbp655300tbl

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/antec-case-isk300150

Btw, if you're planning on making a gaming pc, you might have the problem with graphics cards being around 4-5" deep, making any case you need to be wider than that.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I think you can possibly squeeze a Digital Storm Bolt in there if you are willing to buy a premade one.  :unsure:

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

He's going to be wanting a case like this coolermaster one 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Elite-Advanced-Mini/dp/B008M6THIU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374402025&sr=8-1&keywords=coolermaster+itx

Its tiny but still fits dual bay graphics cards paul from newegg did a youtube build in one i think.

<p>PC Spec: Fractal Design R4, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i7 3770, BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 CPU Cooler, 16GB Mushkin Silverline RAM, MSI GTX 660, Corsair AX860i PSU, OCZ 120GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III HDD's.

I think you can possibly squeeze a Digital Storm Bolt in there if you are willing to buy a premade one. :unsure:

silverstone is working on a raven mini, same kind of case just not premade, (and this one doesn t look bad as opposed to the other...)

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

onionring, on 22 Jul 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

silverstone is working on a raven mini, same kind of case just not premade, (and this one doesn t look bad as opposed to the other...)

OoOoOh. I've gotta check it out then. ;)

EDIT: I searched it up, and IMO, it doesnt look that nice. I know it's a prototype, but I just dont like the curves of it. But it will probably fit in a backpack.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Maybe he's hardcore enough that school doesn't have any meaning anymore.

OoOoOh. I've gotta check it out then. ;)

EDIT: I searched it up, and IMO, it doesnt look that nice. I know it's a prototype, but I just dont like the curves of it. But it will probably fit in a backpack.

i said it looked better, not that it looked good... lol

did you look at the premade one, not much can look worse than that...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

i said it looked better, not that it looked good... lol

did you look at the premade one, not much can look worse than that...

The Digital Storm Bolt looks WAY better than the Raven mini IMO.

*facepalm, there is such a thing as gaming laptops ...........

*facepalm, there is such a thing as gaming laptops ...........

btw gaming laptops are very very very bad compared to desktop, mobile gpu are about 50% of the power of desktop parts ...

samething for ,but for gaming it matters less.

the laptops will be loud as heck

the battery life will be abysmal and you ll end up leaving the portable* plugged into the wall on the same table for a year straight.

every one is better of with a cheap laptop with decent battery life and a gaming tower.

btw even if the case fits in a bag i doubt he ll move it more than 4 times before giving up and leaving it where it is.

btw even if the case fits in a bag i doubt he ll move it more than 4 times before giving up and leaving it where it is.

So true. My brother bought an Alienware X51 because he needed to travel somewhere, and once he got back, he sold it to me and bought an Aspire S7 because it was so annoying to take it with you on your back.