Internet Browsers

gamerxxl12

So I've been doing a lot of research lately about browsers and I came to the conclusion that:

Chrome- Fast, but slows down computer proformance.

IE: Isn't the most secure.

Firefox: Somewhere between Chrome and IE, overall alright browser.

Opera: Not as fast as Chrome but doesn't use as much of your computer.

When I researched Chrome it uses the most Ram, the most disk space, whenever you open a new tab it starts a new process, and it is always sending data to Google which means that there are stutters when ever you have other stuff open. So to sum it up it takes a lot but the most powerful.

Leave a comment of which browser you use and if I'm wrong or right.

So far I'm going to go for Opera 15

Thanks

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)

Apparently chromium browser is the best. It is a light edition of chrome. It uses a lot less cpu power and does not have all the bloat that chrome does.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Chrome slows down computer? Unless your running some kind of legacy hardware or you're running like 1000 tabs, I don't see how a browser can slow down performance.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

I would say chromium, but I have a bunch of information on chrome that it's ridiculous to switch

Chrome all the way, FireFox is similar but I prefer Chrome - love how it works and how it notifies you when downloading stuff and the incognito-browser is awesome, for those lonely nights, no need to delete history.

I don't see how you can be on a forum on which most people have beast PC's and notice how a browser slows down your PC lol.  ;)

I notice it slowing down my connection but that's not my PC.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I do have a good computer but I don't want it to slow it down, as compared to other browsers.

CPUi5 4670K Cooler: ThermalTake Frio MoBo: Asus Maximus VI Hero RamRed Corsair Vengeance Pro 8 Gb 1866Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CUII CaseEnermax Red Ostrog GT Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120 Gb, HDD- 500 GB Seagate PSUSeasonic X660 (80+ Gold Certified)

With "regular web browsing" (i.e. less than 20 tabs at once, and less than 10 add-ons) I seriously doubt you would notice a "slowing" in computer performance due to chrome. It will not slow things down.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

I used firefox until some update happened making firefox take 30 seconds to load about a year ago, now its chrome all the way. IE is pathetic at everything, even its name is shitty.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I use Chrome, the reason that Chrome starts a new process for each tab is so that if one of your tabs stop responding/plain just breaks, it will not affect your other tabs so you don't have to open everything up again.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

So I've been doing a lot of research lately about browsers and I came to the conclusion that:

Chrome- Fast, but slows down computer proformance.

IE: Isn't the most secure.

Firefox: Somewhere between Chrome and IE, overall alright browser.

Opera: Not as fast as Chrome but doesn't use as much of your computer.

When I researched Chrome it uses the most Ram, the most disk space, whenever you open a new tab it starts a new process, and it is always sending data to Google which means that there are stutters when ever you have other stuff open. So to sum it up it takes a lot but the most powerful.

Leave a comment of which browser you use and if I'm wrong or right.

So far I'm going to go for Opera 15

Thanks

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/chrome-27-firefox-21-opera-next,3534.html

The validity of benchmarks like that can be disputed, but I find it interesting.

Anyway, I initially went with Firefox for the customization, but now I stick with it because I feel they're worth supporting, compared to Google who are slipping ever further away from their "don't be evil" mantra.

I remember reading that IE actually is the most safest browser nowdays, and Chrome is the least secure.

source (it is over 6 months old, not really sure if still applicable): http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ie10-firefox-chrome-safari-secure-browser,18719.html

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

Apparently chromium browser is the best. It is a light edition of chrome. It uses a lot less cpu power and does not have all the bloat that chrome does.

I don't think Chromium has a lot of plugin support, though I could be completely wrong. But it is nice enough for google to build there browser and improve on it.

I use Chrome because my phone has chrome. I log in and have all my book marks, my history, and best of all my logins. I don't have to try and remember passwords for random sites I visit on my phone it all remembers that for me. I visit a page put it on my book marks on my phone and can come back later and view the same page on my desktop without having to remember how to get there.

Firefox I assume does mostly the same thing but I've been using Chrome for to long to switch.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I remember reading that IE actually is the most safest browser nowdays, and Chrome is the least secure.

source (it is over 6 months old, not really sure if still applicable): http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ie10-firefox-chrome-safari-secure-browser,18719.html

Watch this

This is new and and from the results chrome is the most secure

I don't think Chromium doesn't have a lot of plugins though I could be completely wrong. But it is nice enough for google to build there browser and improve on it.

I use Chrome because my phone has chrome. I log in and have all my book marks, my history, and best of all my logins. I don't have to try and remember passwords for random sites I visit on my phone it all remembers that for me. I visit a page put it on my book marks on my phone and can come back later and view the same page on my desktop without having to remember how to get there.

Firefox I assume does mostly the same thing but I've been using Chrome for to long to switch.

That is the old verison of Opera, the new update improved a lot