Worth upgrading from I7 3770k to Skylake?

~30% boost is what I would expect also its not out yet..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

~30% boost is what I would expect also its not out yet..

I know, just from what we do know I was seeing what people think.

I wouldn't upgrade it. It's good enough for gaming at the moment save your money and get a better gpu instead.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Not if you're a gamer. You most likely won't see any improvement, and even if you do it'll be very small.

If you render a lot, maybe. I don't think the added performance is worth the price, especially not for hobbyists, and the current 2011v3 processors offer better performance for professionals anyway.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I know, just from what we do know I was seeing what people think.

I would wait one more gen

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Not if you're a gamer. You most likely won't see any improvement, and even if you do it'll be very small.

If you render a lot, maybe. I don't think the added performance is worth the price, especially not for hobbyists, and the current 2011v3 processors offer better performance for professionals anyway.

Alright thats what I hoped to hear, and yes 90% of what I do is game, go on the internet, and watch videos.

I would wait one more gen

I'd wait until the CPU actually starts bottlenecking. Sure, you can upgrade "just to be sure" but I probably wouldn't even recommend an upgrade next year, unless something extreme happens. 

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I have a 3770K and was keen on getting a Skylake until recently, it sounds like they're limiting it a bit vs. what it was originally targeted to be (probably due to lack of competition ;)) so I'll probably hold out for canonlake because that'll add a die shrink to the new architecture. More so if you're using it in a gaming machine because we should see some improvements coming from DX12 too which will extend what is an already capable CPUs lifespan.

I have a 3770K and was keen on getting a Skylake until recently, it sounds like they're limiting it a bit vs. what it was originally targeted to be (probably due to lack of competition ;)) so I'll probably hold out for canonlake because that'll add a die shrink to the new architecture. More so if you're using it in a gaming machine because we should see some improvements coming from DX12 too which will extend what is an already capable CPUs lifespan.

Alright well thanks everyone, seems like next year will be a good time to upgrade everything :) 

Well based on the improvement we have seen on broadwell dualcores (round about 5-10% compared to haswell), I would say if we where very lucky we can see up to 20%. But keep in mind Intel is focusing more on graphics at the moment so I'm betting that the desktop CPUs will be an improvement but not that exciting.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Nope

Gaming Rig: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - Core i7 4790K - Corsair H100i - Corsair vengeance 16 GBs ( @2133) - Asus GTX 980 - Intel SSD 730 (480 GBs) - Seagate Barracuda 3 TB - CM Cosmos SE - Corsair AX 760i 

Bugout Laptop: Dell E6430 - i5 3340M - 8GB Ram (@1600) - HDD 1TB WD - SSD 240GB intel (boot drive).

Depends on how good it is

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo