Msi 970 gaming mobo worth it?

Wanted to buy a mobo for my new set up but doesn't want it to cost too much is it worth it?

About $800 is my budget

Some heavy 1080p gaming

after effects

video editing

photoshop

About $800 is my budget

Some heavy 1080p gaming

after effects

video editing

photoshop

At this budget I would totally go for an intel build.

the components price is just way too expensive in my  stupid sountry which is Malaysia :(

the components price is just way too expensive in my  stupid country which is Malaysia :(

If your room is well ventilated the 8350 shouldnt be bad at all! I use the msi 970a g46 and its good. put the 8350 on it and clock it at 4.3-4.5 and you are good to go. get a decent cpu cooler, the 212 series should do. get a good gpu , i suggest the r9 290 ...if thats too expensive ...then the 280x/280. they perform really well and are great overclockers. and have plenty of dem VRAM... but because your username ....the 960 should do well too. get the 4gig version though. ;)

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Surprisnlgy enough, at this price range for the tasks needed, AMD is actually a very good alternative.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Surprisnlgy enough, at this price range for the tasks needed, AMD is actually a very good alternative.

Well for really heavy gaming and lot's of editing you are better of with Intel sorry to say.

Also the point of AMD is cheap isn't valid, for something like a 8320 or higher you want a good 970 chipset board preferably 990/990fx which aren't cheap also the stockcooler from AMD sucks balls.

If you add the cost of the board with cpu you can get a good i5 for that money.

I looked at ipmart.com.my ? iir and they have reasonable prices.

If your room is well ventilated the 8350 shouldnt be bad at all! I use the msi 970a g46 and its good. put the 8350 on it and clock it at 4.3-4.5 and you are good to go. get a decent cpu cooler, the 212 series should do. get a good gpu , i suggest the r9 290 ...if thats too expensive ...then the 280x/280. they perform really well and are great overclockers. and have plenty of dem VRAM... but because your username ....the 960 should do well too. get the 4gig version though. ;)

Yea but i will be getting a gtx 960 2gb version.

the 4gb version is not selling in malaysia

Well for really heavy gaming and lot's of editing you are better of with Intel sorry to say.

Also the point of AMD is cheap isn't valid, for something like a 8320 or higher you want a good 970 chipset board preferably 990/990fx which aren't cheap also the stockcooler from AMD sucks balls.

I looked at ipmart.com.my ? iir and they have reasonable prices.

The price online hasn't include tax

After tax and shipping fees like that will have a increase of $50 depends on what you buy

But still thanks for the help will check for the price at there

I looked at ipmart.com.my ? iir and they have reasonable prices. I missed the gaming part, but a Xeon would be best-but they cost more than an i5.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

990fx will be better.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3