AMD Radeon 15.5 Beta drivers officially released

Razarza

I really dont understand this stupid obsession about drivers being optimized for games.... In what world should that ever be a thing? Games should be optimized.... not drivers. Why the fuck does AMD have to fix games? Go blame the creators of the game for not building their game right. Seeing as those drivers come out AFTER the game has been released shows the developers of the GAME don't give a fuck about the performance since it's obviously noticed during testing. So they release a broken crappy game that runs like shit and then AMD/Nvidia have to fix it with their drivers.

That's not the way it should be and people need to start complaining to the developers of the game and not to AMD/Nvidia.

I'm guessing very few people here will agree and just keep screaming AMD needs to fix their drivers... so whatever

It's a difficult situation. The developers often claim that hardware vendors don't work with them and such, however hardware vendors (When they are not either hiding behind NDA bullshit or whining like babies about the other guy's NDA instead of fixing crap) claim that it is software devs that do a terrible job at coding that they have to basically work around to correct on the driver level.

I think however the explanation is a combination of both: there's way too many variables to call it out on one single thing and it requires a multiple corporation and multiple teams coordination to get a game to work ok all around. Most companies can't even properly coordinate their own teams we obviously cannot expect them to coordinate across multiple teams from separate companies.

What we can notice however is that guys like Crytek and Epic are much better at this since they literally work on the engine first and games for it later. In my opinion, the future of gaming development will move more and more towards only a handful of companies working on game engines and almost nobody working on their own custom game engines.

-------

Current Rig

-------

What we can notice however is that guys like Crytek and Epic are much better at this since they literally work on the engine first and games for it later. In my opinion, the future of gaming development will move more and more towards only a handful of companies working on game engines and almost nobody working on their own custom game engines.

Yep, especially considering the level of access which DX12 and Vulkan give. Smaller devs may not have the resources or expertise.

Further strengthening your argument now is the fact that most of these companies licensing their engines seem to have adopted a very dev friendly approach in terms of how they charge. The terms are now such that even individual can afford to license Unreal Engine 4 or Source 2 etc... You don't have to share your profits until and unless your game sells.

They shouldn't have to release new drivers evrytime a new game comes out, this only happens for video cards and it isn't what should be happening. I highly doubt there is anything in these beta driver for anyone where WHQL would matter. I don't want to update drivers every month and I shouldn't have to, especially on hardware that is more than a year old, they should be mature. They fix games that are poorly coded by the devs. To me, no new driver every month is so much of a non issue that I can't even describe it.

Here you go guys crossfire wouldn't work without this on my 295X2 . http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Optimizing-The-Witcher-3.aspx

CM Storm Trooper| Asua Maximum VII Formula| 4770k H100i|Kingston Beast 32GB|Samsung Evo 250GB SSD|Seagate 3TB|EVGA Kingpin Edition 780 Ti(SLI)|Sound Blaster Z|Corsair 1200i

Samsung U28D590D | Corsair K70 | Razer Naga Hex | Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset

10.jpg

original.jpg?hc_location=ufi

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

the only problem : can't play Witcher since they introduced a bug in 1.0.4 breaking the xp from quests

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz