Transgender, let's talk about it

PCBudgetSolutions

I really doubt ANYONE expected me to bring this topic up, but I have yet to see it here so I figure let's talk about it.  It's been proven pretty much to a large degree of science that this actually exists on a beyond psychological level almost fully.  Yes it's not quite an exact science yet, but they are nearly there to prove 100% it's not just a choice or mental state that it's caused by something scientifically so please keep that discussion away if you would.

To say I have invested MUCH time in this realm is an understatement.  Granted my knowledge of CPU architecture vastly outweighs much of any subject I know, this one has a bit of time researched as well.  I've had the pleasure of actually meeting several hundred transgender people over the years both IRL and over the net.  I must say, that unless people make this choice when they are 40+ what you generally see on Jerry Springer is far from the truth.  Most transgender people especially when they start in teens/20's even from the worst scenario can often look and pass cleanly through society without any doubt over a year or 2 of therapy.

2 Things that I have found strange is, at least in cases of make to female, is that majority of the trans-women still prefer women as their sexual orientation.  The second thing is, many of the trans-women go through a extremely feminine phase but end up actually being more on the basic tastes of say jeans and a tee shirt.  This is not the same case for everyone by any means but it seems quite common.  Also for those who don't know, sexual reassignment surgery at least in cases of male to female, the surgery has gotten so good that even gynecologists have a serious time noticing anything different unless they look deep inside or already know.

1 in 1,000 people end up transgender and chances are you've known/met/passed several thousand in your life time without knowing.  About 95% of the trans population passes through society unknown to anyone because most will not even present themselves until a year or 2 of hormone therapy.  The drag queens and old guys starting transition are a different story, but kids as young as 6 are now being diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder.  Jazz, a girl first interview at age 6 is now 11 and honestly starting that young it's impossible to tell.  So sadly the media has hurt the transgender community quite a bit making people think they are just sick perverted old men in dresses praying on young boys.  This is so far from the truth.  My research did not cover much female to male, but the ratio is near 50/50 each way.  However the surgery isn't there yet like it is male to female.

So please, keep the discussion open and honest.  Do not debate the science or religious aspect of this as this is not up for debate here.  Keep things civil and friendly as well!!

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

My best friend is a trans-girl

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

My best friend is a trans-girl

They are just regular people.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

It just still baffles me how science can replicate one genders anatomy into another if they don't have the genetic tools to to acually use it.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

they exist...........there isn't really much to discuss.

how about we talk about boys,girls,zebras,lions,hippos,Canadians,Asians,Americans,etc too?

waiting for the birds and bees topic to come up one of these times.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

they exist...........there isn't really much to discuss.

how about we talk about boys,girls,zebras,lions,hippos,Canadians,Asians,Americans,etc too?

waiting for the birds and bees topic to come up one of these times.

I really do wonder how this is different than a thread label "White people, what's up with them?" "Black people, what's your opinion?" 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

anothher aspect of gender mismatch is when a baby is born with both sets of genitalia and the parents make the decision to raise the child as a male or female. And down the road the child takes on the gender identity of their own and in the case of many religious families it's condemned because they were raised to be one way but turn out a completely different way. I have talked to a few people that have had those events in a nutshell take place It's sad because there is such an emphasis in some families and cultures that you are supposed to be a certain way and anything that deviates from that is abnormal and outcast. 

BTW I am so glad to see the many different posts regarding LGBT issues. makes the world a better place :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I Hope to see the day where people are' put inside these boxes that others define as 'normal'. LGBT people are people. they have lives, thoughts, feelings, and emotions. Life isn't just about sex or gender identity. life is about making friends and having a good time so why should someone be judged on who they love or what they wear? or if their private parts don't match what their gender identity is. 

This world is a cruel place filled with single minded morons that can't see past their self. * rant over * who wants cookies? 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Yeah I've met a trans-female once and she was still interested in females. I found it a bit strange but I was okay with it.

Transgender people are pretty cool although I am uncomfortable around them as I'm not very used to it. Of course, I'm trying to get over it.

More freedom and open mindedness! :)

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Yeah I've met a trans-female once and she was still interested in females. I found it a bit strange but I was okay with it.

Transgender people are pretty cool although I am uncomfortable around them as I'm not very used to it. Of course, I'm trying to get over it.

More freedom and open mindedness! :)

That's the spirit!

Hail Sithis!

That's the spirit!

Huzzah! Though it would be a bit strange if I was against it since I'm part of the LGBT community. 

It's hard to encourage people to be more accepting of us where I live because... well... we're already really accepting of it! I've never had a problem with homophobia so I always find it so strange when I hear about it.

I hope the rest of the world becomes more like where I live but that's going to be a slow process. :P

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

im Trans

40235-party-hard-pug-gif-d7hV.gif

my view is do what makes u feel best

Character artist in the Games industry.

Two good mates from I go to uni with are starting on testosterone/etc. soon. To be honest I only realised one of them was a girl after a month of knowing her  :P

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

They are just regular people.

yes they are

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

It's certainly unusual, but there's nothing wrong with it. They were just born with conflicting genders and sexes.

A good link:

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I've never understood why people are transgendered. I guess I've never understood what would compel one to feel as if they were of one gender, apart from their physical appearance and sexual characteristics.

I've never understood why people are transgendered. I guess I've never understood what would compel one to feel as if they were of one gender, apart from their physical appearance and sexual characteristics.

Born with the mindset, after new experiences they get a better understanding of themselves and realize they are the wrong gender or something like that