Is the Das keyboard worth the money?

Cosmos_i7

I'm in the market for a new keyboard most likely to be mechanical, I'm a casual gamer such as minecraft but mainly a typist, so I don't need functions such as game mode windows lock key, as anyway I use a Mac.

The Das keyboard has caught my eye however the price has put me off as it doesn't seem to offer much for the price whereas other keyboards do.

I am from the UK so this is important to, i need a UK layout keyboard which is available to buy in the UK. Also it needs to be compatible with my mac.

The other keyboards I have been looking at are the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 and the Cooler master CM storm quickfire tk (although not yet available in the UK).

Any other suggestions? I've been looking at ducky but it seems to be hard to get in the UK, if someone could help that would be very useful.

Thanks.

Hail!

Im also from the UK, bought my keyboard from www.keyboardco.com. I've never used a Das Keyboard, so I can't comment, for typing, Filco and Ducky and pretty much the head of the herd and are about the same money as a Das keyboard. Read reviews and check as many forums as you can, Das might be just as good, I do not le know.

Ducky, Filco, DAS, WASD, and Max Keyboards are all really high quality. I think they are all worth the money.

Ducky's are pretty high quality, it is a German company after all.

Good Morning...

Yes I do like the Ducky and Filco, more the ducky in my opinion but the problem is I can't find anywhere that sells it in the UK online. Does anyone have a link please? Also not heard of WASD or Max so I will try those out too.

I also looking into grabbing a DAS keyboard too! I'd really like some thoughts on it! I was considering ducky,filco or wasd's too. Which one would be better?

Main Gaming Rig/Folding Machine: Core i7 3770k @ 4.7GHz / H100 with Sickleflow Fans/ Corsair 600t / XFX 6950 / 16GB DDR3

Folding/Media PC: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/ Fractal Design Core 1000 / 4GB DDR2 

Ultrabook : Samsung NP530 Ultrabook. 

Thanks for the website. I'm still not sure about which to get the Ducky does offer more features than the DAS keyboard. But I'm still not sure if i should just go for the Razer one instead as it has a lot more features. Although the lighting on the Ducky I do like. I think the DAS is a bit too expensive for what it has, which is just essentially a keyboard and nothing else.

Still stuck to choose between the Razer one or a Ducky Shine 2.

I have a das with blue switches and really like it, really good quality. However, the one thing I really dislike with it is the glossy finish. But the typing experience is great.