Samsung 840 evo 120gb

4321Rocket

Hey,

I have a friend who is selling a Samsung 840 Evo 120gb for $74. I was wondering if it's a good deal. The purpose would be for an HTPC (mostly software and OS)

no, you can find newer and better drives for that price and you wont have to worry about that issue where speeds drop over time

there was a driver patch for that but I still see people reporting that it wasnt completely fixed

I would just buy a new drive now that prices are low

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You can get a brand new Samsung 850 Evo 120GB for $76 on Amazon....so....no that isn't a good deal at all

Edit: God dammit I got ninja'd

rekt :)

First it is not a good idea to buy things from friends if you want to keep them as friends.  Now as for people saying the OP is only saving $1 well that is not true as there is also tax involved on purchases and so if it was bought new in Canada you would be saving $10+.  Still though I guess one should expect to save more on a deal when you buy used but these days you don't save as much as you did in the past.  Also if you do end up buying this off the friend check the health of the drive first.  Finally with all that said if you want to be safe with the friendship thing don't buy it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

First it is not a good idea to buy things from friends if you want to keep them as friends.  Now as for people saying the OP is only saving $1 well that is not true as there is also tax involved on purchases and so if it was bought new in Canada you would be saving $10+.  Still though I guess one should expect to save more on a deal when you buy used but these days you don't save as much as you did in the past.  Also if you do end up buying this off the friend check the health of the drive first.  Finally with all that said if you want to be safe with the friendship thing don't buy it.

Thanks for the advice. I forgot to mention that the drive in BNIB, but seeing how other posts mentioned that newer SSDs could be found close to that price range, then I guess I'll wait. Also I am currently situated in Alberta, Canada so we have 5% tax and use amazon.ca ;)