Do You Think This Build is Good?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9RCF99

So I earned 1500$ for a new pc and I think this build is okay and I want games to run in 1080 on ultra.

Also, can someone link me on how to overclock a pc and how to setup things up when you first start up your pc?

Yes, im new to pc because xbox is slow af. Also, 30 fps? nah ill go with pc.

"Is this a good pc?"....... lol, of course it is, that thing is a beast, don't worry about gaming on that thing.

Welcome to the pc community :D

Yeah this looks good to me, but make sure you can afford a decent monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

That build is good for even 1440p with ultra. A GTX 960 or R9-280 would be fine for 1080p and also make the build cheaper, but that is good for "future compatability." Also, will you need an OS and peripherals included with this? As for overclocking, there are a million guides on YouTube.

Yeah this looks good to me, but make sure you can afford a decent monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

Yup, but ill probably get all the parts on August this year! so excited!

this is all you really need, and I would eait for the 980ti to come out and get that!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.49 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($135.49 @ Newegg) 

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ NCIX US) 

Total: $1304.67

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-27 19:57 EDT-0400

this is all you really need, and I would eait for the 980ti to come out and get that!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($87.49 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($135.49 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ NCIX US) 
Total: $1304.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-27 19:57 EDT-0400

So confusing! does i7 and i5 the same but i7 is faster when you render a video?

From what I know, an i7 is typically a little bit faster than an i5 but some i7s can have 6 cores, and all i7s have hyperthreading. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

From what I know, an i7 is typically a little bit faster than an i5 but some i7s can have 6 cores, and all i7s have hyperthreading. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

both are 4 cores, but the i7 has hyperthreading which creates 4 virtual cores, but for gaming that really doesn't do much, so an i5 vs an i7 in gaming is basically a tie(with the same clock speeds). that means you can save $100 and still have the same gaming performance, but if your a video, picture, etc. editor then an i7 is definitely worth the money.

there is 6 and 8 core i7s but they are on socket LGA 2011 not 1150

both are 4 cores, but the i7 has hyperthreading which creates 4 virtual cores, but for gaming that really doesn't do much, so an i5 vs an i7 in gaming is basically a tie(with the same clock speeds). that means you can save $100 and still have the same gaming performance, but if your a video, picture, etc. editor then an i7 is definitely worth the money.

there is 6 and 8 core i7s but they are on socket LGA 2011 not 1150

Wow, I never realized that the 6 and 8 core i7s were not on 1150. Thank you for the clarification :)

Wrong subfourm, it should be in "new builds and planning" not "general discussion." No worries though, we all make mistakes from time to time.

Also, if you have an extra $50, you could get 2x8GB RAM sticks if you want to ever upgrade to 32GB later. Although 32GB will not be necessary for gaming for a while.

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

Wow, I never realized that the 6 and 8 core i7s were not on 1150. Thank you for the clarification :)

no problem. It all used to be very confusing to me too, but that was back when sandy bridge was just released, and the fx 8150.

I agree get a little more ram

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

@xInsanityy

Cody is right, make sure you have money for all of those things. This might mean cutting your build down to $1000 and spending $500 on monitor and peripherals.

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh?