FPS Gaming Mouse ?

Go to solution Solved by atavax,

generally, cloth mouspads are more popular then hard plastic mouspads and laser sensors perform poorly on cloth mouspads. The m65 and sensei have laser sensors that perform poorly on cloth mouspads. If a mouse has a max dpi of 8200, chances are its laser and will perform poorly on a cloth mouspad.

If you are committed to a hard mouspad, the sensei would be a fine option. If you are getting a new mouspad, generally cloth is more desirable for several reasons. Cloth pads tend to be more control then hard plastic, hard plastic tends to warp, cloth pads are typically larger, cloth pads are typically easier on your hand and wrist, and cloth pads are easier to transport because they can easily roll up.

All the recent new fps mice have been optical for this reason. So of those 3, the deathadder would be the best choice. Additional recommendations would include the Mionix Avior 7000 (not 8200 which is laser) it has a great sensor, is slightly lighter then average, and great build quality. The Logitech g303 would be another good choice, which has great build quality, even lighter then the Avior, and probably the best lmb and rmb clicks of any mouse, the shape is unusual though and a lot of people dislike it. The Zowie ZA series would be another great choice, i'm guess the 11 or 12 for the average user would be appropriate as the 13 is probably too small for your taste. Great sensor and shape, and great rubber cable. The Scroll wheel is a little questionable though.The Roccat Kone Pure military would be another good light weight option, which is small and right handed, with a great scroll wheel, but has a fairly stiff braided cable.

If you want a heavier mouse, the Logitech g502 is probably the highest regarded but beware, despite a customizable weight system, there is no truly light weight option with it. Even with all weights removed, its a bit heavier then average. The Roccat Kone XTD Optical would be another great option.

So I am getting a new setup soon and I wanted to knoqw which mouse I should buy for FPS games. I am currently deciding on the razer deathadder, corsair m65 and the steelseries sensei, if there's any other suggestions ill take them in count. I'm looking for a mouse that gives good performance on games and feels comfortable, I want it to be a right handed ergonomic mouse, not TOO expensive, I usually use the fingertip grip. 

G502,naos 7000,steel series rival,func ms-3r2

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

Get the Steel series Sensei ( If your hand is too big for the M65 )

You could get the G502/G602 if you like ...

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

SteelSeries Rival

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

So I am getting a new setup soon and I wanted to knoqw which mouse I should buy for FPS games. I am currently deciding on the razer deathadder, corsair m65 and the steelseries sensei, if there's any other suggestions ill take them in count. I'm looking for a mouse that gives good performance on games and feels comfortable, I want it to be a right handed ergonomic mouse, not TOO expensive, I usually use the fingertip grip. 

Corsair M65 is great, I've had one for 6 months (as of yesterday), absolutely love it.

Takes a little while to get used to, but once you have, I'm sure you'd love it too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Right now I'm deciding between Naos 7000 and the G502 anyone help me make the final decision ? 

A fingertip grip is great for a Logitech G502 as well as an ASUS ROG Gladius. Check those out.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Right now I'm deciding between Naos 7000 and the G502 anyone help me make the final decision ? 

One will fit your hand and not the other. Try the G502 out at a Best Buy first.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

generally, cloth mouspads are more popular then hard plastic mouspads and laser sensors perform poorly on cloth mouspads. The m65 and sensei have laser sensors that perform poorly on cloth mouspads. If a mouse has a max dpi of 8200, chances are its laser and will perform poorly on a cloth mouspad.

If you are committed to a hard mouspad, the sensei would be a fine option. If you are getting a new mouspad, generally cloth is more desirable for several reasons. Cloth pads tend to be more control then hard plastic, hard plastic tends to warp, cloth pads are typically larger, cloth pads are typically easier on your hand and wrist, and cloth pads are easier to transport because they can easily roll up.

All the recent new fps mice have been optical for this reason. So of those 3, the deathadder would be the best choice. Additional recommendations would include the Mionix Avior 7000 (not 8200 which is laser) it has a great sensor, is slightly lighter then average, and great build quality. The Logitech g303 would be another good choice, which has great build quality, even lighter then the Avior, and probably the best lmb and rmb clicks of any mouse, the shape is unusual though and a lot of people dislike it. The Zowie ZA series would be another great choice, i'm guess the 11 or 12 for the average user would be appropriate as the 13 is probably too small for your taste. Great sensor and shape, and great rubber cable. The Scroll wheel is a little questionable though.The Roccat Kone Pure military would be another good light weight option, which is small and right handed, with a great scroll wheel, but has a fairly stiff braided cable.

If you want a heavier mouse, the Logitech g502 is probably the highest regarded but beware, despite a customizable weight system, there is no truly light weight option with it. Even with all weights removed, its a bit heavier then average. The Roccat Kone XTD Optical would be another great option.

why i wouldn't recommend the naos is the shape is poor to lift and reposition on the mouspad which is necessary in fps with anything other then a very high sensitivity. Even if you aren't a low sensitivity now, if you love FPS, it is likely sometime in the future you will try a relatively low sensitivity out and will need a mouse shape better suited for being lift off the mouspad frequently.