Would a graphic card

joshdell4765

Hi would a graphic card die if its under load. I have a Amd r9 270 and a nzxt 550w, I didn't really know that power usage because newegg never told me about the other specs and it was my first computer. I did the power supply calculator and it said that i need a 700w or more powersupply. 

Hi would a graphic card die if its under load. I have a Amd r9 270 and a nzxt 550w, I didn't really know that power usage because newegg never told me about the other specs and it was my first computer. I did the power supply calculator and it said that i need a 700w or more powersupply. 

use pc part picker

Build: CPU: i7-4790k @4.4 GHz 1.2v | GPU: Sapphire R9 380 Nitro | Memory: 16GB Evga SSC | Storage: 250GB 850 Evo, 1 TB Toshiba HDD | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  | Cooling: Aigo T120 RGB | Case: NZXT S340 | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | OS: Windows 10 | Keyboard: Corsair K70, Cherry MX Reds | Mouse: Logitech G600 | Monitor: LG 27UD58-B | Headset: Audio-Technica M40x w/ Modmic and Bravo Audio V2 Tube Amplifier 

you need less than 300

59869.png

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Ha! A 550W PSU would suffice for that lone 270. 700W PSUs are for multi-card setups and hella overclocking

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Hi would a graphic card die if its under load.

A graphics card would not die under load unless it was overheating or being heavily overvolted.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

A graphics card would not die under load unless it was overheating or being heavily overvolted.

My graphic card dosent start up but my computer dose :/

550W is more then enough for an R9 270 system.

"Rawr XD"

A 550w PSU will probably run a 290, just about. Your card needs under 300 in a system. Rule of thumb is get a PSU that will run maximum 75% under full load if you want it to last a while. So for your card, using the above chart, it uses about 270. Anything over 400w is going to be more than enough