great single player game for road trip

pikkie-mahn-mastah

I will be going ot band camp over the summer, and the drive is about 4.5 to 5 hours long. I will have my laptop (GS70 stealth pro-099) to play games on. There will be wifi at the camp, but obviously none on the way. I have $25 in my steam wallet... are there any really good single player or local co-op games that you guys could recommend that would be good on a laptop for this kind of road trip? and obviously don't need to be online to run? 

Definition of programmer: someone who can consume copious amounts of caffeine; and crap out a master piece through their fingers

Skyrim? (The graphical intensity of it might wreck your battery life tho :P)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

civ 5 with dlc its 414

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

• Fallout 3 / New Vegas.
  • Bastion. (If you can use a gamepad.)
  • Borderlands 1 / 2.
  • Anything by Valve.
  • Batman Arkham series.

Any of these are within your $25 budget, none of them have DRM issues. (Like if you bought a uPlay game, for example.) They're all singleplayer, have great campaigns, and will make time go by faster than you can imagine!

bioshock infinate maybe

dont starve 

broforce

besiege

kerbal space program 

All are really easy to play in a car

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

thank you so much guys!!! this really helps!!! and don't worry about battery life... we got a bus that has power jacks... but no freaking wifi? :P lol, oh well

Definition of programmer: someone who can consume copious amounts of caffeine; and crap out a master piece through their fingers

Hmm...something like Portal 2, but it might be too moveaboutey and cause motion sickness.

Just Cause 2?

If you want to try something old but free and awesome, try Warzone 2100. I really enjoy it.

Sig under construction.

I say Civilization 5. A really great turn-based strategy game. 

Yup, and definitely Civ V over Beyond Earth.

Sig under construction.