What are good server stress testers

GeeZillion

So I host a few servers (websites games ect) and i want to stress test them becase 1 of my web serves has been crashing a lot recently so is there any good free stress testing programs?

So I host a few servers (websites games ect) and i want to stress test them becase 1 of my web serves has been crashing a lot recently so is there any good free stress testing programs?

Do you want to stress test the server or load test your website? What kind of server is it (OS, Virtual/Physical, how much RAM, how many cores)? What kind of web server is it (IIS, Apache, nginx, etc)? What kind of web-app (PHP, Java, Tomcat, ASP.NET, etc)?

put this in terminal:

){ :& };:

Just kidding, dont actually do that. Its a bad idea

lgmaQU2.jpg

Seriously though OP... Don't do this.

Do you want to stress test the server or load test your website? What kind of server is it (OS, Virtual/Physical, how much RAM, how many cores)? What kind of web server is it (IIS, Apache, nginx, etc)? What kind of web-app (PHP, Java, Tomcat, ASP.NET, etc)?

lgmaQU2.jpg

Seriously though OP... Don't do this.

what would that do? and i want to stress test it like flood it to see how well it stands up i just got new protection on them and would like to test it

what would that do? and i want to stress test it like flood it to see how well it stands up i just got new protection on them and would like to test it

Its called a "fork bomb." Basically, it will run for a few seconds before crashing your server.

If you want to test your web-server, id say there isnt much. If you had a few hundred friends, you could simulate a DDOS attack. There isnt much though. Mostly just real-world production testing.

~Judah

OP, Servers are just computers. Any normal Bench marking / stability test will do... it will just take longer.