Does a GPU require any specific specs?

and i really don't understand your need to try and make him buy a 40 amps psu

And that says more about you than me. 

He has to aslong as he dont want to burn out his PSU so he need to get a new one plus that its good to have a little more than the minimum recomended watts

He has to aslong as he dont want to burn out his PSU so he need to get a new one plus that its good to have a little more than the minimum recomended watts

true  ^_^

Let's try this one more time. 

PSU's lose efficiency after about 75% of usage. 75% of 500 is 375. If you use more than 375 watts of a 500 watt PSU you'll start to dive into a place where the PSU is going to suck more power from the wall to deliver less power to the system and generate more heat per each wattage while doing it. 

The 300watt gaming load in the benchmark would put a 500watt PSU at 60% load. It would allow headroom for any other devices that need power and still keep the PSU in that efficiency sweet spot before 75%. That is assuming that his CPU would be using the same amount of power as the tested one. It's likely higher. 

Let's try this one more time. 

PSU's lose efficiency after about 75% of usage. 75% of 500 is 375. If you use more than 375 watts of a 500 watt PSU you'll start to dive into a place where the PSU is going to suck more power from the wall to deliver less power to the system and generate more heat per each wattage while doing it. 

The 300watt gaming load in the benchmark would put a 500watt PSU at 60% load. It would allow headroom for any other devices that need power and still keep the PSU in that efficiency sweet spot before 75%. That is assuming that his CPU would be using the same amount of power as the tested one. It's likely higher. 

and he could also buy a new gpu that don't use 300w also

he have a 264w after all (and like i say, is not that bad)

A 960 might be a good  GPU to get then but im still not sure if that PSU is good enough

A 960 might be a good  GPU to get then but im still not sure if that PSU is good enough

There's always the chance that it's mislabeled too. JonnuGuru's Gutless Wonders articles come to mind. 

Decent PSU's can be had for cheap. EVGA 100-W1-500-KR 500W for example is only $44.99 here in the states. It's not the greatest but it's 80plus rated, has a 40amp 12v rail, and wont burn your house down. 

I wouldn't trust anything cheaper.Skimping on something that has the potential to damage everything connected to it isn't the best idea. 

There's always the chance that it's mislabeled too. JonnuGuru's Gutless Wonders articles come to mind. 

Yeah maybe, might go and see if thats the case

His PSU won't just burst into flames...
If the PSU can't handle the load it would just shut down or it causes instability under load (=artefacts and crash) because CPU or GPU won't get enough voltage.

The main reason to get a good PSU is Efficiency, that it actually can deliver the labeled voltage/ampere and that it comes with decent over voltage protection.

If the PSU can't handle the load it would just shut down or it causes instability under load (=artefacts and crash) because CPU or GPU won't get enough voltage.

The main reason to get a good PSU is Efficiency, that it actually can deliver the labeled voltage/ampere and that it comes with decent over voltage protection.

If it doesn't have proper protections working, it certainly can go up in smoke causing damage to other components connected to it and, yes, even cause a fire. 

No if you have a bad PSU you will burn out it and the components.

Alright, many numbers and letters have been written down, and i barely understand any of them. 
But i got that i need to buy a better PSU, suggestions would be awesome, the gpu i am thinking buying is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00NJ9BJ8G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1432650282&sr=8-4&keywords=970

(I am not sure if i am allowed to post link like these, if not please do tell me! :3)

So if you want to get a 970 you migh consider to upgrade to a newer PSU and if you want  something cheap i can recomend the CX600M for a modular PSU or an EVGA 600B for non-modular

Suggestion seen, suggestion is being considered! Thanks a lot! :3

snip

I agree with those recommendations if you can afford them. Both reputable units backed by good companies and warranties. EVGA's warranty service is top notch. You could basically take a dump on their stuff and so long as you wipe off the warranty sticker they'll replace it. 600watts should be plenty for just about any single card configuration you can throw at it. 

Edit: don't actually poo on a PSU. ;)

Alright, many numbers and letters have been written down, and i barely understand any of them. 

But i got that i need to buy a better PSU, suggestions would be awesome, the gpu i am thinking buying is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00NJ9BJ8G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1432650282&sr=8-4&keywords=970

(I am not sure if i am allowed to post link like these, if not please do tell me! :3)

Suggestion seen, suggestion is being considered! Thanks a lot! :3

No problemo