EVGA Titan X SC Review

Hey guys I thought it would be useful to do a review on the Titan X after having it installed for a week in the system now. I think that the card is amazing and I have not struggled with anything that I have come across so far also being gifted Witcher 3 from NVidia allowed me to see how powerful the card really is whilst also playing things like GTA V with all of the RAM of the card being utilized well even with its 384 bit memory bus. However I did come across a small issue with the card that caused my system to crash and that was the heating the card isn't good at keeping low temperatures by itself however this was easily rectified with the use of third party software in this case EVGA Precision which I used to help increase fan speeds when temperatures were going high.

Overall I think the card is good of course the obvious cons might be the pricing of the card itself considering not everyone has a spare £1000 laying around to spend on one component but when it comes down to performance this card is unbelievable and if you cannot afford this then you could wait for the 980 Ti to be released which is fairly soon I believe. Anyway I hope this review has helped if you are interested in this particular model of the Titan X or even the Titan X in general.

Thanks for reading,

David

This'd be better off in the Member Reviews section, but great review.

Please use more fullstops. D:

Great review however how much fps did you get in GTA V together with the settings you applied?

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

Please use more fullstops. D:

Great review however how much fps did you get in GTA V together with the settings you applied?

Ha sorry grammar was never really my strong point. But with a single Titan X on GTA for ultra 4k I was able to get between 33 - 40 fps with a single card then 50 - 63 for average settings on 4k. I also did 1440 p and I was able to get up to 81 with the lowest being 54. then on 1080p I was able to achieve a maximum of 100 with my lowest being around the 52 mark. All of these settings were on ultra for their resolutions. :)

Ignore this thread please I have moved it to the members review section improving the review also thanks.