how to upgrade to windows 8.1 64 bit.

SauronsV

So basically I bought the wrong windows 8.1 disk, and I used a 32bit version of windows 8.1... Anyone know how to update to 64 bit? 

The only way to upgrade to 64 bit is to reinstall Windows 8.1.... 

So basically I bought the wrong windows 8.1 disk, and I used a 32bit version of windows 8.1... Anyone know how to update to 64 bit? 

Not possible. You need to reinstall the damn thing. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Not possible. You need to reinstall the damn thing. 

how do i get rid of windows on my current PC?

how do i get rid of windows on my current PC?

Just format the partition when you reinstalling window. Make sure to back up any important file first.

Btw, you don't have x64 disc? or the disc support both x86 and x64 but you accidentally install x86?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just format the partition when you reinstalling window. Make sure to back up any important file first.

so basically I can just boot up and use the new 64 bit windows 8.1 disk and thats it? I dont need to bother deleting anythign I have currently because it will be gone when it is formated when installingt the 64 bit windows 8?

so basically I can just boot up and use the new 64 bit windows 8.1 disk and thats it? I dont need to bother deleting anythign I have currently because it will be gone when it is formated when installingt the 64 bit windows 8?

Yes, make sure you format the partition.

Yes, make sure you format the partition.

So I am currently on windows 8.1 32 bit. So once I buy the 64 bit windows 8 disc, I will turn my PC off and on and then what, how do I get to the part when I install an OS?

So I am currently on windows 8.1 32 bit. So once I buy the 64 bit windows 8 disc, I will turn my PC off and on and then what, how do I get to the part when I install an OS?

this is a video but please follow every step

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

this is a video but please follow every step

I cant thank you enough. I did not even have to buy windows 8.1 again, I booted up from a USB which had the 64bit windows 8.1 version and followed the video. It automatically used the same product key. Thank you so much dude