What is the difference of Cherry MX Red Brown and Blue?

Reds are linear, non-tactile switches. Blues are clicky-tactile switches. Browns are non-clicky-tactile switches.

Oh, and they're different colors, if that wasn't obvious already.

-

Reds are linear, non-tactile switches. Blues are clicky-tactile switches. Browns are non-clicky-tactile switches.

Oh, and they're different colors, if that wasn't obvious already.

the feel is different , each has a different press down feel (how hard you have to press is different) 

Brown is for typing im pretty sure 

What would be the best for gaming

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Reds are generally for gaming, blues are for typists, and browns are for not pissing people off ie. roommates.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Any of them.

Reds are marketed towards gamers since they will actuate quicker than the other switches since they don't have to be bottomed out, but no switch is going to give you an advantage over someone else. Go with whatever feels right to you.

i'd say reds are best for gaming, based from my experience with them. browns are for quiet operations, blues to wake up your whole family at night.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Linus made a video on this some time back

THE VECTOR:

Intel Core i5-4690 @ stock - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H - EVGA GTX 770 SC - A-DATA XPG 2.0 16GB 1866 - Cooler Master N200 - Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive - Corsair CX600M - ASUS VX238H 23" 1080p

Red: no "bump" in the middle of the switch push, just straight up and down. My least favorite, but some people dig them for gaming. It is generally agreed upon that they're bad for typing, however.

Blue: there is a "bump" when the key actuates (simpler terms:when the key goes down far enough that it sends a signal to the computer to actually use the key) and a loud click. They're great in my opinion but they are, again, loud. I think that they go to about 60dB, so it's like a normal indoor conversation and it's not a big issue normally, but if someone is sleeping or you can't concentrate with any noise, it's not the best option

Brown: Same as blue, but much quieter. My personal favorite.

There are a few other ones, like Green (like a heavier-set blue), black (like a heavier red), and then some manufacturer specific ones (I think Razer and Logitech use their own now).

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

Any of them.

Reds are marketed towards gamers since they will actuate quicker than the other switches since they don't have to be bottomed out, but no switch is going to give you an advantage over someone else. Go with whatever feels right to you.

None of them have to be bottomed out. Every Cherry MX switch actuates at 2 mm out of the 4 mm travel distance.