Using Nvidia's DSR ("dynamic super resolution")

turaven
Go to solution Solved by Wesleydn,

Nvidia control panel-> Manage 3d settings-> Global settings

Scroll down to "DSR-Factors" and select the ones you want

DSR resolutions should now be available in game and in experience 

I originally had a single GTX 980 and a 2560x1080 resolution screen, so I made heavy use of Nvidia's DSR to render games at 5120x2160. It was just a matter of selecting the resolution in the Geforce Experience program.

I semi-recently upgraded to a 3440x1440 resolution screen, and the option to use DSR in Geforce Experience vanished, but I didn't really care at the time since the GTX 980 was struggling on demanding games at 3440x1440, so I wasn't looking to do anything higher anyway.

Now I've added a second GTX 980 to my computer, so I'm interested in DSR once again since I can do it for moderately demanding games, but the option is simply gone. I have all the latest versions of all the relevant software, but any option to select is is non-existant, not even greyed out or anything.

I'm guessing DSR wants to double resolution dimensions, which would put my resolution at 6880x2880, which is higher than the GPU supports. Anyone know of a way to enable me to render at 5120x2160, with or without using the Geforce Experience program?

I imagine you are looking in Geforce Experience (and not in a game)?

Edit: Go to Nvidia Configuration and select the DSR resolutions you want available there.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

@turaven

In the control panel (nvidia's...) there's the option to enable DSR ingame, and with many personalized res... in the 3d settings section...

rig: i7 4770k @4.1Ghz (delidded), Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz, ROG Maximus VI Hero, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA GTX980SC, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Corsair SF600, self-built wooden Case, CoolerMaster QuickFire TK, Logitech G502, Blue Yeti, BenQ GW2760HS

Nvidia control panel-> Manage 3d settings-> Global settings

Scroll down to "DSR-Factors" and select the ones you want

DSR resolutions should now be available in game and in experience 

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 @1500mhz + 8000Mhz CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k Delided and Overclocked @4.8  MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory CPU Cooler: Corsair HG10+ H90 +H90 CASE: Corsair 380T  Storage: 120GB Samsung Evo SSD + Crucail 256GB Mx100 + 2TB Seagate/  OS: Windows 10 64bit Power supply:  Corsair RM750

Cool, thanks for the quick replies guys. I've been on AMD for a few years and only a couple months ago went to team Green, so still learning my way around the software. I wonder why I didn't have to enable that before. Oh well.