Bay reservoir vertical mounting.

Would there be an issue with doing this? I plan on doing a build on a Corsair Air 540.

I think this XSPC Should be no trouble since it is pretty simple, but the one I'm really interested in is this EK reservoir but I'm not sure it's plausible.

Any thoughts? 

The fillport is on the top, so you'd have to make one with fittings and tubing and such. Also, ti's a drive bay res. Where are you going to put it? They are designed to operate flat, so I wouldnt go with it. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Would there be an issue with doing this? I plan on doing a build on a Corsair Air 540.

I think this XSPC Should be no trouble since it is pretty simple, but the one I'm really interested in is this EK reservoir but I'm not sure it's plausible.

Any thoughts? 

Have a notification for my reply. You wanna follow the topic :P

The fillport is on the top, so you'd have to make one with fittings and tubing and such. Also, ti's a drive bay res. Where are you going to put it? They are designed to operate flat, so I wouldnt go with it. 

The case comes with 2 vertical 5.25" bays.

Have a notification for my reply. You wanna follow the topic :P

I bookmark my topics.

The case comes with 2 vertical 5.25" bays.

I still don't think it's a great plan. Is there no space for a tube res? Ask Ghost, he's a watercooling guru :P

I still don't think it's a great plan. Is there no space for a tube res? Ask Ghost, he's a watercooling guru :P

there's space for more tube res than computer in that case...

Why not get a FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Dual Bay Reservoir, pretty snazzy and a bunch of ports for filling and what not.

600x450px-LL-1c953b86_20111130_174620.jp

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I bookmark my topics.

Just a thought in regards to that:

I don't bookmark or follow my topics. I just click my username in the top right, click "My Content" and look down the list of threads I've posted in. The ones that have new posts are highlighted and you can click the blue star on the left of each of them to jump straight to the newest post that you have not read.

It's much better imo than just having notifications. I can follow things that I don't necessarily want a notification for every single time it's posted in.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

there's space for more tube res than computer in that case...

Why not get a FrozenQ Liquid Fusion Dual Bay Reservoir, pretty snazzy and a bunch of ports for filling and what not.

I don't really like the look of the Frozen Q reservoirs.

My other idea was to create a custom holder to show a tube res through the optical bays

I don't really like the look of the Frozen Q reservoirs.

My other idea was to create a custom holder to show a tube res through the optical bays

Why not just take the bay covers off and stick a tube res in there open air, no air flow through that side of the case anyways so why not?

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Why not just take the bay covers off and stick a tube res in there open air, no air flow through that side of the case anyways so why not?

That's what I would do but with a shroud and window to keep the dust away

just put one of the tubes coming out of the radiators into one of the cable management holes and put the pump and the reservoir on top of where you put the power supply and then if your using 2 radiators feed the tubing through the cable management holes at the bottom or the top which ever one your using to have the cleanest loop, not the best explanation but look here this guy did it with little to no modding

http://www.overclock.net/t/1409883/build-log-corsair-carbide-540-by-sdb

just put one of the tubes coming out of the radiators into one of the cable management holes and put the pump and the reservoir on top of where you put the power supply and then if your using 2 radiators feed the tubing through the cable management holes at the bottom or the top which ever one your using to have the cleanest loop, not the best explanation but look here this guy did it with little to no modding

http://www.overclock.net/t/1409883/build-log-corsair-carbide-540-by-sdb

I thought of that but, I want to have a visible reservoir.

I also had the idea of a fake reservoir on the motherboard side and one that actually feeds the pump on the back

I thought of that but, I want to have a visible reservoir.

I also had the idea of a fake reservoir on the motherboard side and one that actually feeds the pump on the back

You can easily do that without issues.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.