In 1 hour you will be in 1950

Guest Console Peasant

Find Marilyn Monroe hehe

"We have this massive network that allows instantaneous access to all of human knowledge, and I just use it to look at cats and talk on forums, and it makes me mad."

I'd also bring my PC with as many offline games that i can handle. Witcher 3 on a 970 would blow their minds. Also, it being a supercomputer that they wouldn't have the power to rival for decades would be something to show off.

I don't do signatures.

I would bring some gold items or jewelry with me, sell them and then get some bonds and bury them near my house or somewhere safe where I could access them, and then back to the present and retire.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Multiple devices with wikipedia torrent loaded on them, offline games, usb, books (ALL THE FICTION/NON-FICTION BOOKS).

First couple years learn and play with my tech, get familiar with people. Figure out organizations and important people. Anything that you can learn in first two years as university student is probably something that is advanced until the 80s. You have plenty of time to learn electrical engineering and chemistry to become rich. Make sure to destroy the devices or hide them well (hence the couple of years to learn your surroundings) so others don't get access to it.

edit:

Meet all the legendary people of their time. Help them finish their work quicker and help to hint at other ideas to get there faster. Sad that it will be 7 years after tesla dies.

damn not bad dude

None of you watch Back To The Future II?

1)Bring Sports Almanac

2)????

3)MASSIVE profit

Agh! I was writing and I pressed by error the go back shotcut of the browser (Which also is relevant to this post... xD).

Short Answer:

• To save the world from hunger or something like 3º World War. - I would bring the information needed for this task and yeah, something to get some money like the Sport Almanac.
  • To win a lot of money - Nope! Medicine and Tech related has never been better so I prefer 200/200Mbps today. I would only go back if some time-sh*t thing happens and then I wouldn't age in those 65 years, then yes, because I could go to some people and hit them while they are babies xD.

I'm from Spain so English is not my main language but I'm trying to make my best not writing any typo.

Money to invest in IBM and Microsoft/Apple.

IBM, yes. Microsoft and Apple didn't exist in 1950.

Also, all you people taking money with you. Make sure the issue/mint dates on the money you take back with you reads 1950 or before. You don't want to be getting out of prison about the same time you take your trip back.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

the plan for success ,

step one , acquire a large sum of money

step two , invest said money in apple , Microsoft ,buy classic cars store them ,  and gold ... lots of gold

step 3 return to future present time sell stocks and gold , be rich live a rich lifestyle and have cool cars to drive

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

IBM, yes. Microsoft and Apple didn't exist in 1950.

Also, all you people taking money with you. Make sure the issue/mint dates on the money you take back with you reads 1950 or before. You don't want to be getting out of prison about the same time you take your trip back.

Didn't exist sure, but the money will still be valid till they are established :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I would do nothing.

browse LTT forums