Define R5 vs H440

KRSogaard

I am having a very hard time deciding on what case to get for my new build. 

H440 https://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/143-h440-performance-mid-tower.html

or the 

Define R5 http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-r5-black

So i were hoping that, that some of you might be able to help me decide.

I really like the look of the H440 better than the Define R5. and my plan is to go water cooling in the near future. and i have no plans of optical drives

How is the Air Flow in the H440, i have heard that the front intake suffers a bit compared to the define R5.

How are the stock fans on the H440 compared to the Define  R5, will i have to replace them all with low noise level fans?

How is the overall sound isolation of the H440 compared to the Define R5

A side question

Can you suggest some black/red themes low noise level fans to to with my build?

I would also appreciate if you would suggest any other case, that is good with water cooling, noise level is somewhat important to me, but it dose not need to be 100% silent, and i will be able to buy premium fans to keep the noise down.

H440 has got restricted airflow due to the top and front panel. If you want watercooling the R5 is a better option. I'd recommend the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, a very good watercooling case.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Suddenly, the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe swoops in and lifts @KRSogaard off of his feet, lifts him high up into the sky and kisses him!

Enthoo Luxe: It's ok, I'm here now. Don't let the community push you towards those other cases. I'll always be here for you :)

KRSogaard: Who...Who are you?

Enthoo Luxe: The damn best case you'll ever build in 

Then, the Luxe flies down and drops @KRSogaard back at the ground. He then decides he will choose the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe so he can meet with him once more.

Done.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Why won't you go with the fractal design s? The r5 but designed for water cooling

Suddenly, the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe swoops in and lifts @KRSogaard off of his feet, lifts him high up into the sky and kisses him!

Enthoo Luxe: It's ok, I'm here now. Don't let the community push you towards those other cases. I'll always be here for you :)

KRSogaard: Who...Who are you?

Enthoo Luxe: The damn best case you'll ever build in 

Then, the Luxe flies down and drops @KRSogaard back at the ground. He then decides he will choose the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe so he can meet with him once more.

Done.

Well Assuming he is deciding between the r5 and h440 he wants a silent case, and the luxe isn't a silent case at all (I sit right next to my baby luxe ;3 ) But damn that case is impressive, great build quality and great space and looks. 

Well Assuming he is deciding between the r5 and h440 he wants a silent case, and the luxe isn't a silent case at all (I sit right next to my baby luxe ;3 ) But damn that case is impressive, great build quality and great space and looks. 

He says he'll buy premium fans to put in it. Therefore, the Luxe (yum) is the best option.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

As long as he isn't going with a AIO or any phentaks fans he is fine ;p 

Are Phanteks fans not good? I have a Enthoo Pro. I haven't got all my components yet so I don't know if the fans are decent or not.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I would like a computer that is just not like sitting beside a jet engine, a light white it not a problem, it will just do battle with my tinnitus :P

But having a nice looking case is also important to me, so i am willing to spend extra on premium fans i that means that i can get a nice case.

As long as he isn't going with a AIO or any phentaks fans he is fine ;p 

AIO, all in one? So you mean that i will have to replace all stock fans on the luxe?

Are Phanteks fans not good? I have a Enthoo Pro. I haven't got all my components yet so I don't know if the fans are decent or not.

The stock fans on the luxe are to load for me, (But i am a silent freak) And I got a 140mm phanteks fan from Phanteks but is also to load for me. The only fan running in my case are my stock cooler and a noctua fan :o 

Why won't you go with the fractal design s? The r5 but designed for water cooling 

@KRSogaard Don't forget to follow your own topic. 

I am following up?

I would like a computer that is just not like sitting beside a jet engine, a light white it not a problem, it will just do battle with my tinnitus :P

But having a nice looking case is also important to me, so i am willing to spend extra on premium fans i that means that i can get a nice case.

AIO, all in one? So you mean that i will have to replace all stock fans on the luxe?

No I mean a aio liquid cooler. Had a h60 it was load af, don't know how it is with a h100i but I am never going back to aio, And yeah the stock fans of the luxe are load imo 

Edit: follow button on the right, if you follow your own thread  you can see when someone posts something in your thread 

No I mean a aio liquid cooler. Had a h60 it was load af, don't know how it is with a h100i but I am never going back to aio, And yeah the stock fans of the luxe are load imo 

Edit: follow button on the right, if you follow your own thread  you can see when someone posts something in your thread 

Thanks did not know about the follow button :P

I am going to use a Nepton 240M http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-240m/in the beginning, this is a AIO right? Until i get the time to do a water cooling solution. Is using a Nepton 240M a problem with this case?

I am going to use a Nepton 240M http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/nepton-240m/in the beginning, this is a AIO right? Until i get the time to do a water cooling solution. Is using a Nepton 240M a problem with this case?

No the nepton will fit easy, The nepton is a 240M but it might be not as noisy as the H60 as it tend to be load, but then agian I am realy a quiet freak so I find a light static noise already to much ;p 

I Suggest you use Noctua fans instead of the stock ones for the AIO. They will be extremely silent.

Both are great cases, noise will obviously be better on the R5, in turn, airflow will be better on the H440.

To me, it comes down to the style of either case, H440 is more "gamerish" and the R5 is more simplistic and sexy imo. 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I Suggest you use Noctua fans instead of the stock ones for the AIO. They will be extremely silent.

I have heard that the Noctua fans are awesome, but sadly are they so ugly and will not fit into the theme of my build black/red, are there another fan that is silent like noctua but will fit the theme?

I have heard that the Noctua fans are awesome, but sadly are they so ugly and will not fit into the theme of my build black/red, are there another fan that is silent like noctua but will fit the theme?

Who said there are only the ugly models?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nfa14industrialppc3000pwm

Or, http://pcpartpicker.com/part/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc3000pwm