980 SLI vs 980 Ti SLI?

Vypr

I currently have a single 980 and was wanting to upgrade, do you think it would be best to sell my current 980 and get dual 980 Ti's (when they're announced/released) or should I add another 980 to my current system? Is there any speculation on pricing for the 980 Ti, I haven't heard of anything.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have two P2715Q 4k displays and I plan on getting a third eventually. 

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

how about we wait till it comes out? Pointless to ask now.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

how about we wait till it comes out? Pointless to ask now.

From what I've read basically all the information on the specs have been released/leaked.

Yeah and I cant seem to find the 980ti specs?

Can you post the Nvidia page on it?

Thanks!

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Thanks!

It's only currently speculated/rumors/leaks, but they've always been accurate in my past experiences.

From what I've read basically all the information on the specs have been released/leaked.

Official Released Specs = None

Reliable leaks = None

It's only currently speculated/rumors/leaks, but they've always been accurate in my past experiences.

Oh yeah, why arent we at 10ghz cpus right now?

Oh yeah, why arent we at 10ghz cpus right now?

Sorry I am unsure what you're referring to.

Sorry I am unsure what you're referring to.

There was a very wide spreak leak about 2 or 1 decade ago saying in 2014 we will have 10ghz gpus

75% of leaks/speculations are false

There was a very wide spreak leak about 2 or 1 decade ago saying in 2014 we will have 10ghz gpus

I am referring to Nvidia specific leaks/speculation, they have shown to be accurate in my past experience. I cannot comment on other hardware.

Thanks!

It exists as speculation. There is no official NVIDIA page on the card.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It exists as speculation. There is no official NVIDIA page on the card.

Lol, I was being sarcastic.

These days there are soooo many topics like this asking for 980tis or 390xs that it is driving me crazy.

Lol, I was being sarcastic.

These days there are soooo many topics like this asking for 980tis or 390xs that it is driving me crazy.

There is no need to even comment on threads in regards to GTX 980 TI speculation/rumors if you dislike them. As I've mentioned previous speculation has been dead-on accurate such as the 780 Ti and other previous GTX models. It's been the same pattern for years now, I am sorry if you do not like to impose a decision without having official announcements but I like to plan ahead.

I am referring to Nvidia specific leaks/speculation, they have shown to be accurate in my past experience. I cannot comment on other hardware.

The rumoured specs for the 980Ti have been changing every week really, they're not at all reliable. For the majority of PC hardware, rumours are inaccurate. 

The card isn't even confirmed as far as I know, so it might not even be released. 

You'll have to wait and see. We get a hell of a lot of questions about unreleased and unconfirmed hardware (most recently, a lot of 980Ti questions) and the answer is always the same: It's unreleased, we know no more than you do. 

There is no need to even comment on threads in regards to GTX 980 TI speculation/rumors if you dislike them. As I've mentioned previous speculation has been dead-on accurate such as the 780 Ti and other previous GTX models. It's been the same pattern for years now, I am sorry if you do not like to impose a decision without having official announcements but I like tom plan ahead.

780Ti rumoured specs were incorrect for the most part. Everywhere was reporting 6GB vRAM, which turned out to be incorrect. 

Honestly, if you already have a 980, don't even bother with the 980 TI. The 980 is a great card as it is.

I don't get consistent frame rates with 4k, I have to turn down settings drastically in order to have fluid gameplay on select games. I don't expect to have everything maxed out anytime soon but it would be nice to not have FPS dips during intense sections of gameplay. I also have seen my Vram usage max out so that may be a factor in the FPS dips.

780Ti rumoured specs were incorrect for the most part. Everywhere was reporting 6GB vRAM, which turned out to be incorrect. 

Those must have been unreliable websites, if you Google GTX 780 Ti Rumors and find information regarding it's leaked specs I've found matching results (majority) as far away as 2 months from the announcement/release of that model.

I don't mean to debate, but even if the current specs are alittle off it would save me time to just go for another 980 then have to wait months. 

I don't get consistent frame rates with 4k, I have to turn down settings drastically in order to have fluid gameplay on select games. I don't expect to have everything maxed out anytime soon but it would be nice to not have FPS dips during intense sections of gameplay. I also have seen my Vram usage max out so that may be a factor in the FPS dips.

Again, just go with the SLI 980. I cant see the point besides probably +20 FPS in games. Its not worth the time and money In my opinion.

Plus, Direct X 12 will be able to carry VRAM over if 4GB isn't enough.

Again, just go with the SLI 980. I cant see the point besides probably +20 FPS in games. Its not worth the time and money In my opinion.

Plus, Direct X 12 will be able to carry VRAM over if 4GB isn't enough.

I have heard of this, I hope this actually ends up happening that would be crazy. 

Those must have been unreliable websites, if you Google GTX 780 Ti Rumors and find information regarding it's leaked specs I've found matching results (majority) as far away as 2 months from the announcement/release of that model.

I don't mean to debate, but even if the current specs are alittle off it would save me time to just go for another 980 then have to wait months. 

In that case, it depends if you can wait or not. If you can't wait to see what the specs and performance are, when and if it is released, then just go for 980s. 

Even if the specs are correct from the rumours, they don't really show too much about the actual performance in games. If the performance is similar to a Titan X, but with less vRAM, it's going to be expensive, not too far off the Titan X. 

I currently have a single 980 and was wanting to upgrade, do you think it would be best to sell my current 980 and get dual 980 Ti's (when they're announced/released) or should I add another 980 to my current system? Is there any speculation on pricing for the 980 Ti, I haven't heard of anything.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have two P2715Q 4k displays and I plan on getting a third eventually. 

I would say, wait for the 980 TI to come out and buy a 980 on the cheap. The gains wont justify paying 2x the price.

To be fair, they could make a 10 ghz cpu if they wanted to, they just decided to go with multiple cores instead.

In 2000, you could get a Pentium III at 600MHz capable of 2,054 MIPS (million instructions per second). That means it can execute about 3.4 instructions per clock cycle.

Today you can get a Core i7 at 3.46GHz capable of 159,000 MIPS. That means it can execute about 46 instructions per clock cycle.

If an equivalent Pentium III type design only executed 3.4 instructions per cycle, it would have to operate at 46.8GHz to keep up with the Core i7.

So, in year 2000 terms, we already have 46.8GHz processors.

that's a bit from 2012.