Green Menace | New Build 2 x GTX 780 | Carbide 300r

Green Menace

I built my first  system over in Desember, it consisted of a 3700k and an Asus 670 2GB. It had ok cable menagement in the Coolermaster HAF X

and it didnt make alot of noise with the Coolermaster v8 cooler. This is what it looked like: spas77.jpg

A few months after i felt it was getting a bit slow for my needs in gaming as i like to max out all games and run with a minimum of 60fps. It was also a bit too heavy to 

bring to lan partys like "The Gathering" in norway and i wanted a smaller and better looking case.

So i recently bought a few new parts.

List:

Corsair H100i

5xCorsair 120mm SP fans

Corsair Carbide 300r (no window yet, keeping sidepanel off)

2 x Msi GTX 780 3GB

Corsair 860w PSU with green sleeved cables.

I spent a few hours getting the radiator to fit in the top of the case as the motherboard, even with

the thermal shielding removed, didnt let me use the standard mounting holes for fans in the top. So i improvised :P)

The cable management, even though there isnt really a lot of holes or room for it, is excelent.

I chose not to add any LED strips yet because its very "flashy" for my taste but im considering white LEd strips.

So with nothing more to talk about, this is what it looks like: 2pt4ifo.jpg

I guess i dont see it, What does it have to do with green lantern?

Besides that the build looks AMAZING. i really like it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I guess i dont see it, What does it have to do with green lantern?

Besides that the build looks AMAZING. i really like it.

Not really anything to do with Green Lantern, but i needed a name for the Build :P Thx :D

Awesome, be sure to take some shots in the dark with the GPU LEDs on.

Awesome, be sure to take some shots in the dark with the GPU LEDs on.

Ill and get around to it sometime but its really hard to capture the color of the GPU light and the pump lights well, even being experienced with photography im not really sure how to do it well :(

Great build

You could paint the corsair fans rings in green to match the sleeved cables

I am actually looking into that already, but the lack of good hardware stores here makes it dificult to find the right color :)

Maybe consider getting a black sli connector? Iunno I feel like the orange one kinda throws off your amazing black and green colour scheme.

Maybe consider getting a black sli connector? Iunno I feel like the orange one kinda throws off your amazing black and green colour scheme.

I watched a video on how to sleeve it, and ive seen those hard ones for like 3 x sli or 4 x sli, but i dont think i can get one for 2 x sli :(

I watched a video on how to sleeve it, and ive seen those hard ones for like 3 x sli or 4 x sli, but i dont think i can get one for 2 x sli :(

I'm not sure if this one is the right length, but there are hard 2x bridges.

There are also flexible black ones, although you'd have to check length yourself.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

For such a small form factor you got some nice hardware and in there and also its looking very clean and matched :)!! Good job man!

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I'm not sure if this one is the right length, but there are hard 2x bridges.

There are also flexible black ones, although you'd have to check length yourself.

That first one looks to be the right length, thank you very much :D

That first one looks to be the right length, thank you very much :D

Happy to help. :) 

Try painting the rings of the SP120 to match the green. I think it would look cool.

I like that idea!

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I was going to do a gigabyte Sniper 5 build the same psu, cables and gpu's. I too thought about painting the SP120's green. If you do that, make sure to see the colour with your own eyes at a hardware store first.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I think you would have been better off choosing a Gigabyte Sniper board and painting the rings green. Other than that I really like the way it looks and I love the colour scheme :).

• 5 weeks later...

What a powerful little supercomputer you have got there. If you rocked up in the early 90's with this it would have more compute power then the fastest supercomputers of the time, all sitting on your desk, ohh the beauty of technology development lol. Love the build mate so epic, I would love to have a 780!

Nice build. The green wires for some reason remind me of noodles...

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

what a beast =)

love the green :D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Great build

You could paint the corsair fans rings in green to match the sleeved cables

^This

I am actually looking into that already, but the lack of good hardware stores here makes it dificult to find the right color :)

Maybe try some dark green with white and yellow mixed in?

I went to a LAN with a few friends and made an epic setup. The second 24" isn't mine but  i just wanted to have it there :P

rvd5rp.jpg

I also mocked my friend for his bad choice of case by putting a sheep on it :P 

2gtoglc.jpg

^This

Maybe try some dark green with white and yellow mixed in?

Yeah i really want to do it, but i wanna hold off with mixing the paint myself until i cant find a spray-can with the right color. I Modded in a window on the side panel, but i have trouble with fitting it on the case because the plexi i to thick and the standard mounting is interfering. I have to do some adjustments to the actual case to make it fit but that also means i have to disassemble it completely.