Which psu?

Thatguythere98

I am very bad at choosing power supplies but I have narrowed it down to two and now am stuck between wich one to get. The first one is the evga supernova 650w g1 and the second is the supernova 650w gs. I am unsure of the differences of these psu's and would like to know. The g1 I have seen has a version with a bar at the back but I have seen versions without it also and I dont know if there's two versions. Please help me.

I am very bad at choosing power supplies but I have narrowed it down to two and now am stuck between wich one to get. The first one is the evga supernova 650w g1 and the second is the supernova 650w gs. I am unsure of the differences of these psu's and would like to know. The g1 I have seen has a version with a bar at the back but I have seen versions without it also and I dont know if there's two versions. Please help me.

The GS uses Seasonic as an OEM. The other Superflower. Both great, though I own a GS (550W) and it's freaking awesome. Can vouch that it's silent.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well if you reccomend it I guess ill get the gs. Besides its cheaper.

Alrighty then! Enjoy!

Also, don't forget to quote people to get back to them :)

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The GS is much better then the G1. Stay away from the G1. There's one version with a bar at the back (and red cables) and one without it (and black cables), both of them have notoriously awful voltage regulation.

The GS uses Seasonic as an OEM. The other Superflower. Both great, though I own a GS (550W) and it's freaking awesome. Can vouch that it's silent.

Nope, the G1 is a poorly adapted FSP Aurum platform, not Super Flower. http://www.overclock.net/t/1476935/why-you-should-not-buy-an-evga-supernova-nex650g-750g

"Rawr XD"

The GS is much better then the G1. Stay away from the G1. There's one version with a bar at the back (and red cables) and one without it (and black cables), both of them have notoriously awful voltage regulation.

Nope, the G1 is a poorly adapted FSP Aurum platform, not Super Flower. http://www.overclock.net/t/1476935/why-you-should-not-buy-an-evga-supernova-nex650g-750g

Well shit....

Sorry about that, I was under the assumption that all of the modular stuff EVGA made was (bar the NEX made by FSP) manufactured by SeaSonic or Super Flower....

@Thatguythere98 Buy the GS for sure. 

@Aniallation, tanks for saving what was probably already saved by letting me know a new thing :P