Folding Questions

hi everyone, i literally just started folding 15 min ago so im gonna sound like an uber noob. well... cuz i am :D im just wondering why next to my GPU it says "paused:waiting for idle"? next to my CPU it says its running but why isn't my GPU running? 

It's probably the strength of the folding is set to medium. If you want the GPU to fold without the system to idle slide the slider all the way to full.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

It's probably the strength of the folding is set to medium. If you want the GPU to fold without the system to idle slide the slider all the way to full.

ohhhhh i see okay. and do i lose my progress that i've made by shutting off my system?

ohhhhh i see okay. and do i lose my progress that i've made by shutting off my system?

no, you keep the progress.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

One option - leave it at medium, but set a screen saver, with like a 5 minute timeout, to minimize wasted time. Screen Saver comes one, GPU's start up...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

One option - leave it at medium, but set a screen saver, with like a 5 minute timeout, to minimize wasted time. Screen Saver comes one, GPU's start up...

alright sounds good :D thanks for the help guys :D

i also have one other question that i thought of today. how can you tell if your contributions are going toward the linustechtips team?

i also have one other question that i thought of today. how can you tell if your contributions are going toward the linustechtips team?

Make sure you're folding for Team 223518 which is Team LTT

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

That's all I have to make sure of?

You can click on your name in the fah software, it will take you to your page at stanford and you will have all your info and the team you're folding with

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui