I move from pc to pc and windows is telling me to activate

Claydster6

So, I move back and forth to one house to another and on one pc (lets say A) I put in an ssd so i could easily move it with me. But, when i go to my other pc (say B) its telling me I need to activate windows on B but I already have on A. What will happen if I don't activate or what do I need to do.

you need to disable the key on your old pc and reactivate it on the new one.

If you don't activate it, then windows will become invalid.

Would not recommend moving back and forth between pcs like that.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

So, I move back and forth to one house to another and on one pc (lets say A) I put in an ssd so i could easily move it with me. But, when i go to my other pc (say B) its telling me I need to activate windows on B but I already have on A. What will happen if I don't activate or what do I need to do.

Like someone said, the license will become invalid, I'm guessing it's happening because the copy of windows  is tied to the motherboard with which it was originally installed, I changed my motherboard and that's what happened. I didn't activate windows for 5 months or so and it was fine, there was just a window that popped up every now and then telling me to activate.

You just have to reactivate it, from memory if you right click on My computer/This PC there will be a reactivate button that gives you a MS phone number to call, you give them a string of numbers and they will give you another string of numbers to enter and it will reactivate.

You have to do it if your hardware changes significantly as a licence is for one computer only.

If you back and forth you'll be fine just leaving it.

Just buy another copy of windows dude.

If i put in another key for windows it wouldnt tell me to activate on either pc?

If i put in another key for windows it wouldnt tell me to activate on either pc?

What you would need to do is create partiotions for each build. And have each partition use different key. I would highly suggest thinking of another solution, like using Linux or getting OS and OS drives for both and just having other software on SSD. And even that won't necessarily work like you'd want.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv