Convert FLV to MP4?

RubyRoks

i have no idea how to do this, and i need to to upload a video. Help?

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

I use the freeware "Gold Wave"

I can do almost everything. Open the file and save as XY.

that's for audio, i need video

Get the FFMPEG plugin, run ff-prompt.bat

type in "ffmpeg -i input.flv -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mp4" without quotes

Make sure your video is called input.flv, or you can just change the script above to suit whatever you want to do.  Press enter, and your video will be output.mp4 in the bin folder.  Make sure the video is already in the bin folder before you press enter for the above script.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

HandBrake is pretty damn awesome. And it is cross-platform, too. That means that you can run in on Windows, Mac and Linux. I am not sure if it supports any kind of hardware acceleration though.

You can also use VLC if you want to.

Whaddup

FLV and MP4 are container formats. That means you can use a variety of codecs for the audio (MPEG-4 Part 3, AACMP3MP2MP1) and video (MPEG-H Part 2 (HEVC/H.265) MPEG-4 Part 10 (AVC/H.264), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2 Video und MPEG-1 Video). FLV can accept some of these codecs aswell eventhough it is a different container.

Whaddup

HandBrake is pretty damn awesome. And it is cross-platform, too. That means that you can run in on Windows, Mac and Linux. I am not sure if it supports any kind of hardware acceleration though.

FLV and MP4 are container formats. That means you can use a variety of codecs for the audio (MPEG-4 Part 3, AACMP3MP2MP1) and video (MPEG-H Part 2 (HEVC/H.265) MPEG-4 Part 10 (AVC/H.264), MPEG-4 Part 2, MPEG-2 Video und MPEG-1 Video). FLV can accept some of these codecs aswell eventhough it is a different container.

I'll look into handbrake. VLC destroyed the quality that the original FLV had. Also, your last response made no sense to me :P I (like to think that i) know my hardware, but not my software

I'll look into handbrake. VLC destroyed the quality that the original FLV had. Also, your last response made no sense to me :P I (like to think that i) know my hardware, but not my software

About VLC. Which codec and which quality (bitrate) did you choose? Because VLC expects you to know about that kind of stuff.

Also where do you want to upload your videos?

Whaddup

About VLC. Which codec and which quality (bitrate) did you choose? Because VLC expects you to know about that kind of stuff.

Also where do you want to upload your videos?

i just left it at defaults.

I'm uploading to Youtube. 

i just left it at defaults.

I'm uploading to Youtube. 

You don't need to convert your Video for Youtube. Youtube always converts the videos anyway. You can upload flv, mp4, wmv, avi etc. It will always get converted. If you convert your video multiple times the quality will decrease. So let Youtube do the job for you.

Whaddup

You don't need to convert your Video for Youtube. Youtube always converts the videos anyway. You can upload flv, mp4, wmv, avi etc. It will always get converted. If you convert your video multiple times the quality will decrease. So let Youtube do the job for you.

My editing software doesn't support FLV and i need to sync my audio. That's why i need to change the file type

My editing software doesn't support FLV and i need to sync my audio. That's why i need to change the file type

Which editing software are you using? Where is your video coming from? Just curious.

Also if you still end up having to convert the video use a high bitrate for the video and audio to ensure that the quality is maintained.

Whaddup

Which editing software are you using? Where is your video coming from? Just curious.

Also if you still end up having to convert the video use a high bitrate for the video and audio to ensure that the quality is maintained.

Sadly, i'm using Movie Maker. I'm recording from OBS (i would be using my FRAPS if it didn't keep corrupting the videos)

Sadly, i'm using Movie Maker. I'm recording from OBS (i would be using my FRAPS if it didn't keep corrupting the videos)

Never heard of Fraps corrupting videos but OBS is fine too, as long as you set the bitrate high enough. Well you might consider getting a proper editing software like Vegas Movie Studio or Adobe Premiere Pro. There aren't really any free alternatives that can beat Adobe Premiere Pro (eventhough there is some pretty interesting open-source linux software in development). Both programs have a 30 days trial if you need the software temporarly. And they support a lot of formats.

By the way, when you have finished the video, do you mind posting a link into this thread?

Whaddup

Never heard of Fraps corrupting videos but OBS is fine too, as long as you set the bitrate high enough. Well you might consider getting a proper editing software like Vegas Movie Studio or Adobe Premiere Pro. There aren't really any free alternatives that can beat Adobe Premiere Pro (eventhough there is some pretty interesting open-source linux software in development). Both programs have a 30 days trial if you need the software temporarly. And they support a lot of formats.

By the way, when you have finished the video, do you mind posting a link into this thread?

I'll see what i can do, but i'm kinda broke :P

Can do.

I'll see what i can do, but i'm kinda broke :P

I see but Google can also help you obtaining a free copy of these software. In that case I would recommend Premiere Pro over Vega Movie Studio.

Whaddup

I see but Google can also help you obtaining a free copy of these software. In that case I would recommend Premiere Pro over Vega Movie Studio.

The video will be live HERE

The video will be live HERE

Are you uploading right now?

Whaddup

Are you uploading right now?

Yes. Got it converted in handbrake and "edited" (i got pissed and lazy, so i left the audio sync in)

Yes. Got it converted in handbrake and "edited" (i got pissed and lazy, so i left the audio sync in)

Nice vid m9

IGN 11/10

But microphon is overdriven. Nice game however.

Whaddup

HandBrake does have hardware acceleration for scaling although it's not something that intensive (little to no notable time differences). It also supports hardware DXVA Decode for H.264, VC1 and WMV that you can configure in the preferences. Which may speed up the process a bit since the CPU doesn't need to decode everything before encoding it again. For the most part out of the box it will be fine. It only takes me like 15-30 minutes to re-encode a full 1080p movie down to 480i on my 6800k.