Fan Controller

I have a water cooling set up and i need a fan controller that can control 10 fans. Any recommendations? I tried using the motherboard but i dont have the kind of control i want over the fans. Im mainly looking for something functional preferably for internal mounting as i dont want to use a drive bay. I would be satisfied with something i can control with software(i dont need knobs or anything).

The only thing I can think of that matches all your criteria that's relatively recent and easy to buy and configure is the Corsair Link cooling Kit.

http://www.corsair.com/corsair-link-cooling-kit.html/

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I have a water cooling set up and i need a fan controller that can control 10 fans. Any recommendations? I tried using the motherboard but i dont have the kind of control i want over the fans. Im mainly looking for something functional preferably for internal mounting as i dont want to use a drive bay. I would be satisfied with something i can control with software(i dont need knobs or anything).

this is the biggest ive been able to find http://www.lamptron.com/product/controllers/fc8/

| Corsair 900D | i7-4770K | ASUS Maximus VI Formula | SLI ASUS Geforce GTX780 | EK & Alphacool WaterCooling | 

| Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 32GB | | Two Corsair Neutron GTX Series 240GB SSD | Corsair AX1200i |

| Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Two Seagate Barracuda 4TB  | Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit |http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189392-corsair-900d-sli-watercooled-refresh-and-new-setup/#entry2550514

The only thing I can think of that matches all your criteria that's relatively recent and easy to buy and configure is the Corsair Link cooling Kit.

http://www.corsair.com/corsair-link-cooling-kit.html/

Easy to configure. It's not easy at all. I'm currently using the Corsair link cooling and lightning kit. The amount of time it took me to "properly" configure took weeks. Contacting Corsair days in a row because a problem with firmware, or one of the cooling nodes itself.

Also an FYI if you are thinking of getting the Corsair cooling node kit. Do NOT use 3 pin fans it. It will work, but it will produce a horrible clicking sound when you are controlling the fans.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

yea corsair link was like a joke X.X

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I have a corsair link kit. and yes I have 10 fans running with it. and yes it has had lots and lots of problems, firmware software, re-installs corsair CS .. 

I am actually waiting, for corsair to send me an entire new kit. and they are giving me 10 new SP/AF PWM fans .....

this set up might be problematic. But I have had it working right ( mostly ) and it is fantastic. but with each new update, they fix one problem and introduce another. 

dont get me started on there lights haha.

wonderful Idea, fantastic CS, poor product. maybe in a few more months, if they put enough time in on there end. the software will match up with what they intended it to do.

Get the Aqua Computer aquaero 5 lt, it's by far the best controller on the market and have plenty of options such as measuring flow rate, control fan seeds based on coolant temp, automatic system shutdown if the pump stops running. You shouldn't be looking at anything else if you are watercooling and makes the corsair link look like a toy.

Some information about it: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?265912-NEW-aquaero-5-series

Get the Aqua Computer aquaero 5 lt, it's by far the best controller on the market and have plenty of options such as measuring flow rate, control fan seeds based on coolant temp, automatic system shutdown if the pump stops running. You shouldn't be looking at anything else if you are watercooling and makes the corsair link look like a toy.

Some information about it: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?265912-NEW-aquaero-5-series

It looks intresting, but ive heard of some issues related to it being difficult to set. Have they resolved these issues?

It looks intresting, but ive heard of some issues related to it being difficult to set. Have they resolved these issues?

That's be best fan controller you can get and it comes in 3 versions at different price points. I haven't heard of any issues recently.

(I didn't recommend it earlier because you said you wanted an internal fan controller.)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Alphacool Heatmaster ( I or II ) http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p999_Alphacool-Heatmaster-II.html?language=en

just use splitter cables to run multiple fans off one port.

This one looks like a good product and it wont take up a drivebay, but i have several setbacks. First it uses 3 pin connectors and my fans are 4pin(not sure if this will be a problem). Also it requires a usb hookup and im out of internal usb ports.(im sure i can find an expansion card).  When using splitters will i still be able to controll the fan speeds or will it read out as 1 fan?

That's be best fan controller you can get and it comes in 3 versions at different price points. I haven't heard of any issues recently.

(I didn't recommend it earlier because you said you wanted an internal fan controller.)

any idea on what linus uses? I know he mentioned his in one of his live streams and said it was pretty good, but expinsive.

any idea on what linus uses? I know he mentioned his in one of his live streams and said it was pretty good, but expinsive.

He uses a T-Balancer but they are hard to set-up and acquire.

This one looks like a good product and it wont take up a drivebay, but i have several setbacks. First it uses 3 pin connectors and my fans are 4pin(not sure if this will be a problem). Also it requires a usb hookup and im out of internal usb ports.(im sure i can find an expansion card).  When using splitters will i still be able to controll the fan speeds or will it read out as 1 fan?

Using 4 pin fans on 3 pin connections is something i havent tried and heard of yet.

USB is just needed for installation, after that you can unplug the USB and it works on its own. (sure, you cant monitor anything on desktop then)

You are controlling each fan header. So if you connect 2.3 or 4 fans on 1 header all will run the same speed. 

The aquero LT is a internal model with no screen and obviously much cheaper.

The t balancer is rather out dated and no where near feature rich as what the aquero line, just because Linus uses it doesn't mean it's the best.

If you have pwm fans there is no need for a controller, you can just build or buy your own pwm splitter cable then control it using your motherboard tools or something like speed fan

Here is a example.

A82PHtK.jpg