Can't restart my computer

MorbidAngel
Go to solution Solved by Thermite,

I plugged the USB in, booted BIOS and saved the old BIOS file to the USB just in case, and then I was about to update, and it couldn't find the other file on the USB..

So I can't update because it can't find the other file.

And I am starting to think I have the latest version because in "Live update 6" it clearly says I have the latest version, which it says is "A11" somthing, but in BIOS it says v10.1B1. And when I saved the old BIOS file as a backup the filename was "E7821IIT.A11" and the file I downloaded has the name "E7821IIMS.A70" so the question is, which one is the oldest?

I'm starting to get pissed of about this problem, I hate these kind of small ass problems because I can't let it go I NEED to fix it, I can't just not restart my computer -_-

Ok, so if it is still saying that you have the most updated bios then I guess it can't be lying. I'd honestly suggest contacting gigabyte now I'm pretty sure that I can't help you further. Sorry man. I hope you figure this out.

I plugged the USB in, booted BIOS and saved the old BIOS file to the USB just in case, and then I was about to update, and it couldn't find the other file on the USB..

So I can't update because it can't find the other file.

And I am starting to think I have the latest version because in "Live update 6" it clearly says I have the latest version, which it says is "A11" somthing, but in BIOS it says v10.1B1. And when I saved the old BIOS file as a backup the filename was "E7821IIT.A11" and the file I downloaded has the name "E7821IIMS.A70" so the question is, which one is the oldest?

I'm starting to get pissed of about this problem, I hate these kind of small ass problems because I can't let it go I NEED to fix it, I can't just not restart my computer -_-

Ok, so if it is still saying that you have the most updated bios then I guess it can't be lying. I'd honestly suggest contacting gigabyte now I'm pretty sure that I can't help you further. Sorry man. I hope you figure this out.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

I found some other threads and they fixed it by updating BIOS + ME but I can't find what to update, my friend told me to downgrade but I don't know how to do that.

But, since I installed my water cooling like 3 days ago, I don't want to ruin my Mobo so that I have to replace it, I REALLY don't want to remove the water cooling, so for now I'll just give up and when I overclock I'll live with the fact that I have to turn it off first, and from now on I'll just turn it off every time and then start it up until my motherboard completely dies and I'll HAVE to replace it.

Instead of trying to fix the problem and brick the f*cker and force myself to buy a new board (that I can't afford) and wait a few days (I can't because I am a streamer and I've already been having the stream on hold for over a week since this build started) and then have to remove the damn cooling just to replace the board, nah F that, I'll just have it like it is until it won't work anymore, thanks for the help though! :)

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

I found some other threads and they fixed it by updating BIOS + ME but I can't find what to update, my friend told me to downgrade but I don't know how to do that.

But, since I installed my water cooling like 3 days ago, I don't want to ruin my Mobo so that I have to replace it, I REALLY don't want to remove the water cooling, so for now I'll just give up and when I overclock I'll live with the fact that I have to turn it off first, and from now on I'll just turn it off every time and then start it up until my motherboard completely dies and I'll HAVE to replace it.

Instead of trying to fix the problem and brick the f*cker and force myself to buy a new board (that I can't afford) and wait a few days (I can't because I am a streamer and I've already been having the stream on hold for over a week since this build started) and then have to remove the damn cooling just to replace the board, nah F that, I'll just have it like it is until it won't work anymore, thanks for the help though! :)

Sounds good to me, but you can always try and reach out to your motherboard manufacture and maybe they will RMA a new one too you and then you can just swap it out real quick. Anyways see you buddy.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

Sounds good to me, but you can always try and reach out to your motherboard manufacture and maybe they will RMA a new one too you and then you can just swap it out real quick. Anyways see you buddy.

My mom told me she and her husband will buy a new one for me as a birthday present (birthday was 5 days ago) so I'll get this one (http://www.techpowerup.com/img/14-09-23/121c.jpg) :D So problem solved, will get a new PSU, a modular one with white cabels, it'll look awesome :)

This is my computer atm:

o5XIY7C.jpg

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

My mom told me she and her husband will buy a new one for me as a birthday present (birthday was 5 days ago) so I'll get this one (http://www.techpowerup.com/img/14-09-23/121c.jpg) :D So problem solved, will get a new PSU, a modular one with white cabels, it'll look awesome :)

This is my computer atm:

o5XIY7C.jpg

What case do you have, it looks like a corsair 750D

What case do you have, it looks like a corsair 750D

You are absolutely right :P