Capture Card for PC Gaming

iZomgX3

So I've been looking into capture cards for the past while. I found it hard to find information on latency online though.

I stream a lot of rhythm games, and being rhythm games they are very reliant on having high framerate with low latency / syncing properly.

A lot of videos done by people explaining how to record PC while using a capture card don't seem to understand the hardware and software very well so I figured this is probably a good place to ask.

I've looked into the Elgato Game Capture HD, Avermedia Live Gamer Portable (Lite), and the Avermedia Live Gamer HD.

Because I'll be streaming using these I want low latency. On latency tests I've noticed a lot of people's results will vary.

Things I'm looking for in a capture card are

• Low Latency
  • No syncing issues with Video/Audio
  • Being able to still use my Amp/DAC and or analog connections (Some videos I've seen suggests that I will have to use the same audio source that goes into the card)
  • Analog / Component inputs would be nice so I can record or stream PS3/4 as well
  • Recording at 720p 60fps (Right now just on my PC + OBS I'm doing 1096x616 at 45fps)
  • Affordable. 250CAD is the max I'll go

What I really hope to do is use HDMI Passthrough to my monitor and if there is noticeable latency, use audio over HDMI for recording and still use analog audio for my headphones.

I'm still pretty new to the idea of using a capture card for recording in general so any help would be appreciated D:

The only specs that I think are really relevant are my CPU which is an i3-2120 and GPU which is a GTX960, and currently I'm using Nvidia's encoder for recording and streaming.

Thanks in advance guys :^)

or just use a nvidia videocard with the NVENC option in OBS

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

or just use a nvidia videocard with the NVENC option in OBS

That triple post.... please...

And I'd rather not spend $300+ and also I mentioned that I'd like to be able to recording some console stuff as well so NVENC (which I said I'm already using) isn't going to cut it.

So I've been looking into capture cards for the past while. I found it hard to find information on latency online though.

I stream a lot of rhythm games, and being rhythm games they are very reliant on having high framerate with low latency / syncing properly.

A lot of videos done by people explaining how to record PC while using a capture card don't seem to understand the hardware and software very well so I figured this is probably a good place to ask.

I've looked into the Elgato Game Capture HD, Avermedia Live Gamer Portable (Lite), and the Avermedia Live Gamer HD.

Because I'll be streaming using these I want low latency. On latency tests I've noticed a lot of people's results will vary.

Things I'm looking for in a capture card are

• Low Latency
  • No syncing issues with Video/Audio
  • Being able to still use my Amp/DAC and or analog connections (Some videos I've seen suggests that I will have to use the same audio source that goes into the card)
  • Analog / Component inputs would be nice so I can record or stream PS3/4 as well
  • Recording at 720p 60fps (Right now just on my PC + OBS I'm doing 1096x616 at 45fps)
  • Affordable. 250CAD is the max I'll go

What I really hope to do is use HDMI Passthrough to my monitor and if there is noticeable latency, use audio over HDMI for recording and still use analog audio for my headphones.

I'm still pretty new to the idea of using a capture card for recording in general so any help would be appreciated D:

The only specs that I think are really relevant are my CPU which is an i3-2120 and GPU which is a GTX960, and currently I'm using Nvidia's encoder for recording and streaming.

Thanks in advance guys :^)

I know youve already looked at it but the Avermedia LGP [not the Lite version] is what i have and i love it. I have NEVER had problems with latency or anything,. I have an HDMI switch that i plug all my consoles and my pc into, then the switch into the LGP, then finally into my TV. For consoles just hit the red button and youre off to the races, for PC Avermedia has a really really nice software that you use in conjuction with the card.

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

I would get Avermedia LGP and a used laptop to stream with/record into, the least performance impact possible.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.