USD$540 build

I HIGHLY recommend against FM2 platform with dedicate GPU's.  The architecture of the 750K is very subpar and has no upgrade path.  Yes it's a quad core but let me explain how this works.  A pentium G860 dual core @ 100% load would nearly match a 750k even overclocked.  The architecture of the 750K is VERY inefficient.  The ONLY scenarios a 750K MIGHT beat a G860 is if you have a 500+ dollar GPU.  I'd strongly recommend shelling out more money for a basic AM3+ platform for upgrading or getting a G860 CPU with a B75/H77 board.  That way you can get an I5-3570/I7-3770 later.

I've personally used and tested a G860 with an HD 7770, and honestly it DESTROYED, the FX-4100 and Athlon II X4 640 in every single gaming benchmark I ran.  Plus it was ALOT smoother in tasking and applications, due to the efficiency of the architecture executing things nearly twice as efficient.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

here is a build that without mail in rebates is about $40 over your budget but this build will give you the performance to play most games at high or med setting depending on the game i'm actually getting a similar build with a better gpu and mobo and case cause i have a larger budget http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hx8M

My build: Cpu: (AMD Ryzen 7 1700) Heatsink: (Deepcool Captain 240 rgb) GPU: (Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6gb) Ram: (Corsair LPX 8Gb DDR4 2400) Mobo: ( Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K&) Case: (NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal) PSU: (Lepa B550 550w) OS:  (Windows 10

Seeing as you didnt inlude an os in your pcpartpicker build i wont add one so ill make you a build and post it here....

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

OP I'd give my build a look. It will outperform ur build but also gice future upgrading as well.

Specs: Core I7-2600K @ 4.5GHz @ 1.35V, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz CL9, Cooler Master Evo 212, MSI Z77 Mpower Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X @ 1000/1400, Cooler Master HAF 932 Blue Edition w/ 3 Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 120MM fans (2 up top 1 in the bottom) replaced side panel with a window, and rear fan with a Cougar Hydraulic Bearing 140MM, Cooler Master GX 650 80+ Bronze PSU, Samsung DVD-RW, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, Seagate 750GB SATA III 7200RPM

he has $540 your build is way out of budget =)

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Get a cheaper case i suggest a prodigy but there are probably cheaper cases you could use

Well, i want it to look good. 

Buy all the planes! Im also bad at quoting!

Well, i want it to look good. 

Dude look at your budget you want it to look good but not spend the money common man

Plus there are other good looking cases for a lot cheaper

Dude look at your budget you want it to look good but not spend the money common man

Plus there are other good looking cases for a lot cheaper

heres a better build with an os....

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hFAq

-Anubikai

I dont need a OS. i have win 8 on this comp. ill wipe it and clone it. accadentally clicked windowed.

I dont need a OS. i have win 8 on this comp. ill wipe it and clone it. accadentally clicked windowed.

Okay then that makes it easy. Do you need an optical drive?

Its over budget and i'm pretty sure he wants a side window.

its $2 over.... -.-

$10 over budget but ill give you awesome performance....

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1hFH5

-Anubikai

its $2 over.... -.-

When i clicked it it said 600$

Whats wrong with the X4 750? Its better than a E-2 450 with out a doubt id hope.

Whats wrong with the X4 750? Its better than a E-2 450 with out a doubt id hope.

It's a sub par architecture and have no upgrade path.  Yes it's a quad core but even a G860 despite being a dual core, with it's efficient architecture will out perform it in nearly every situation.  A G860 @ 100% load would be able to process more than a 750K overclocked at 100% load.

EDIT: Here is a chart which has an A8-3870K which is very close to a 750 in design and specs: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120-3.html

It's a sub par architecture and have no upgrade path.  Yes it's a quad core but even a G860 despite being a dual core, with it's efficient architecture will out perform it in nearly every situation.  A G860 @ 100% load would be able to process more than a 750K overclocked at 100% load.

EDIT: Here is a chart which has an A8-3870K which is very close to a 750 in design and specs: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120-3.html

The 750K outperforms the A8-3870K in pretty much every way: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Athlon-X4-750k-vs-AMD-A8-3870K

The 750K also performs like a 5600K without the graphics power.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.